Latest update and battery life

chuckd1991

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
We'll see how the rest of the day goes, but I'm not sure if my battery life has actually improved with the new update. Is anyone else not experiencing an improvement?

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I think the change could be noticed within few charge cycles. Phones need to calibrate battery first before showing any good results. Wait for 2 days and see the change (if any).

WindTech72

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed is my battery is running a lot hotter. I did download Zello after update so deleted that app to see if it was issue. Battery life was terrible yesterday as well.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I think the change could be noticed within few charge cycles. Phones need to calibrate battery first before showing any good results. Wait for 2 days and see the change (if any).

Luckily for me (?), with my current battery life I won't have to wait two days to experience a few charge cycles :)

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My battery life was pretty good prior to yesterday's update. The overheating battery draining incidents were all but gone by then. Though they were pretty bad the first 2-3 weeks after the initial 8.1 DP install. I'll eyeball it today and see how it's doing.

So far I was on Weave News for about 20 minutes, had a 20 minute phone call and played 2048 for about 15 minutes and I'm sitting at 90% so it seems good. The phone calls take almost no battery. Weave News seems to be a bit of a battery and data hog. 2048 isn't much of a drain either.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
the latest update introduced a more serious bug. I am using ICON. After unlocking the screen, it shows occasionally shows a black "loading" screen the phone becomes hot. The phone may come back or may not. I have to restart the phone to get ride of it. The battery discharging rate become so bad. wp_ss_20140515_0001[1].png

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Great improvement for me - I've been working and checking stuff on my phone for the past 3h, my 920 only went down to 95%.
Same for me too! I have been using Rooms, Facebook Messenger and Xbox Music since morning and Outlook emails pulled "as items arrive" - been 7 hours now since I took if off charge. Got 73% juice remaining.
I have 19 apps running in background, auto back up for everything is on, all settings are syncing, screen set to low-auto brightness, glance off, double tap to wake off and touch sensitivity set to normal. Running on 3G, no WiFi.

I am impressed.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
For people who believe theres an improvement, did you hard reset the device without a restoral or are you using the initial install?

Hemanth sanam

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I've already downloaded the update on my 1020....not installed yet....should I install it???
Everyone having problems with the update should I do it now??

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I updated the NL521, 920 & 925 yesterday afternoon. I can emphatically state that on all three devices, the battery life is very much improved & the NL925 isn't getting hot like before.

Update1: Being noon now, I'd say I would be having 50% battery life on my NL925 before the update.
I have been off the charger from 7am with Wi'Fi on & screen brightness on Low; it's now 12pm with 80% battery life left.

Update2: On the NL925 after 12hrs, I still had 24% battery life. My wife came home with her NL920 with 60% battery life (WiFi is always on & screen brightness at medium).

Last edited:

dunker2390

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
PeterSun, about the Lumia Icon bug. That bug actually has been occurring to many Icon owners when they first updated to the 8.1 DP. Our fix so far is to remove the Cortana live tile. After many people tried that, it showed that it would not get stuck on loading for the home screen and the battery has stopped rapidly discharging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss