521 Complete Weirdness

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I've had 8.1 PfD since it came out. My Lumia 521 was running slow and Cortana was broken, and I've done two hard resets and a couple soft resets which fixed Cortana but only slightly improved the lag.

Lately, my 521 is behaving very oddly. The alarm clock sometimes never goes off. Today it went off two hours late...after I picked it up and then put it back down (and the screen went off when I dropped it about 4 inches onto a padded surface, but the phone did not turn off). It's been slow...sometimes a picture actually gets taken five seconds after i touch the screen. Cortana live tile sometimes never updates and tells me to leave for work four hours after I get there....just a lot of odd stuff going on.

Has anyone else experienced this?

kevntrace

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a 520, and I've experienced general laggyness on everything since installing 8.1 preview. I haven't conducted any hard resets though.

Had one phone freeze when using Here Drive+ and a phone call came in. Had to pull the battery and soft reset to unfreeze the phone. Rather disappointed in this, as WP 8 has been rock solid.

Installed 8,1 preview update today, and so far the laggyness seems to be much improved.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Super laggy. Low end phones sick with the 8.1 Its very sluggish. And just very bad. I'm considering ditching windows phone altogether. They just ain't ready. Even opening a thread on IE11 crashes.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Chill guys. You aren't running consumer available software.

If you didn't want stuff like this to happen, your shouldn't have enrolled in the DP.

When Nokia launches the Cyan firmware update everything will be right with the world again. June-August. Have a bit of patience

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos