Not able to backup apps+settings Windows 8.1 Lumia 520

shrinivasan p

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
For the past few days I have been trying to backup Apps+settings by using both Wi-Fi and Cellular connection.
Each time it goes upto 96 %, stops there for some time and reports that :
" There was a problem backing up your settings Try again later "
Has anyone had this problem and if so what may be the solution ?
I did not find similar post here so started a new one. If it has already been answered, kindly steer me to an answer.
Thanks and Regards

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Try using hi speed wifi, I too have this problem on 3g and my wifi too, but at my office I have strong wifi and then I will able to make the backup, there is some problem with the server some times but with high speed wifi we can backup without any problem

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue on my 1520, I just got a 520 to try out and was still able to use my back up from the 1520. So although it says there was a problem, it does appear it does still back up the phone and is usable.

Mindi B

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem here too, L1520 running DP 8.1 update 1. Was also having the issue with DP8.1 so it's been happening around 3 weeks now. Backup gets to around 97% and then gives "There was a problem backing up your settings Try again later "

Mindi B

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
SOLVED!!!!

I deleted my existing backups, it seems that they are not compatible with the current build (OS version 8.10.14147.180, running Lumia Black, Lumia 1520). After deleting existing backups I ran Backup again and it worked 100% with no problems.

opusthecat

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
NOT SOLVED!!!

Sorry, but I've tried everything here and including a bunch of suggestions on the Microsoft Phone support forums. I'd like to do a hard rest for my phone (Cortana is locking my phone up) but don't want to do a reset until I can do a friggin' backup...grrr. 8.1 has been a disaster on my 1520 so far, problem after problem.

dinilkannur

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
hay
i had the same problem but i changed lock screen to bing image and switched on kids corner and again switched off .den tried backup and it worked perfectly, try that

Antonio Muriyadan

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem. Went full retard* and tried everything mentioned and weird enough it actually worked. But sadly I cant say exactly what worked. My guess is the lock screen thing. I had live lock screen installed and aa you probably know it takes over your lock screen settings whole simultaneously being an outside app. But it could be just a slow connection.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro