Audiophiles, hi!!! Dolby Headphones

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Do you like it better to turn on the Dolby Headphone feature (using your in-the-box earphones) or do you like it normal?
I am confused. It seems that when it's normal, you hear this different sounds on the left earpiece and on the right. While the Dolby feature gives it a lot more depth and like you're in a audio -surround room.
So... Which do you prefer ?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I do have the dolby feature on! It gives richness to the beats too....but if you don't care that much about music and prefer more vocals you should turn off the dolby headphone. IMO, without the dolby headphone....all the beats are in the same volume level and it doesn't differentiate between different instruments..!! but that could be just me....

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
For me I think the audio sounds better without Dolby audio . I would switch between on or off . I use use Dolby if I was watching a movie on my phone :) but for regular music I leave it off so I can listen to the music how it was meant to be heard

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

leamsifig

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have it off most of the time, I feel it changes too much of the song's composition for most music, but for certain music which was recorded for it, it sounds pretty great. For example, most well-produced hip-hop artists create their music with stereo users in mind, whereas something like a full orchestra might take advantage of the directional abilities of Dolby's recording/playback tools. Most of the time, my music's vocals and beats seem jarred or twisted out of shape per say, and changes something that doesn't really need to be changed. Bass doesn't thump as much and vocals don't seem to hit the highs or mids they originally did. It feels muddied and forced for most music that asn't built around it. For the few artists who take advantage of it, it feels pretty great and defiantly adds to the music.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I use Dolby along with the equalizer (custom preset) with the 1st gen studio headphones.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes