New battery percentage meter!

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice after the update that now in the notification center there is a battery percentage meter under the battery symbol? I just noticed this today and was pretty happy to see it there.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well I for one prefer it the in the notification centre and if people want it in the system tray an option to always show this in the tray in the battery saver app would be best - this way everyone's happy. However we do run the risk of having too many toggles at one point a line will have to be drawn lol.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Now all they need to do is put it where it is always visible like IOS and Android.

I am tired of everyone wanting WP to be like the other OS's down to minute details like this. F*** that s***. We don't need percentage always visible. I am annoyed enough that they made the status bar visible all the time.

Last edited:

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
No thanks. There's enough clutter in the system tray as is

I am tired of every on wanting WP to be like the other OS's down to minute details like this. F*** that s***. We don't need percentage always visible. I am annoyed enough that they made the status bar visible all the time.I'm annoyed that you only consider what you like for our OS to have what would be the point of a status bar if you have to tap to see it.
Shhh...children. We do need battery percentage visible because if you have noticed our battery never reaches 1%. It always seems to die at 5% or 6%(Why do they do this? Is it because they are saving battery for the shutdown it for you to try turning your phone on and seeing battery screen?) and since I only get one notification when it's at about 11% I need to just look at the top of screen to see battery percent before it dies. I mean what more are 2 little numbers gonna do to your screen, this is why nobody comes to WP, you're all so stiff about keeping it unique when done of is actually want to see our battery status details in the STATUS bar. Like Fr, it doesn't take up alot of space, I'm not asking for then to clutter it like Android, i just want two numbers(3 for up to an hour).

Edit: I am not saying as a must show, but as Techfreak said they should make an option because it is a basic feature that many want.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Shhh...children. We do need battery percentage visible because if you have noticed our battery never reaches 1%. It always seems to die at 5% or 6%(Why do they do this? Is it because they are saving battery for the shutdown it for you to try turning your phone on and seeing battery screen?) and since I only get one notification when it's at about 11% I need to just look at the top of screen to see battery percent before it dies. I mean what more are 2 little numbers gonna do to your screen, this is why nobody comes to WP, you're all so stiff about keeping it unique when done of is actually want to see our battery status details in the STATUS bar. Like Fr, it doesn't take up alot of space, I'm not asking for then to clutter it like Android, i just want two numbers(3 for up to an hour).

Edit: I am not saying as a must show, but as Techfreak said they should make an option because it is a basic feature that many want.

It dies before 1% so when you plug in your phone yo charge it, it will boot right back up.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I am tired of everyone wanting WP to be like the other OS's down to minute details like this. F*** that s***. We don't need percentage always visible. I am annoyed enough that they made the status bar visible all the time.

Amen. It is sad that the original core idea of WP having a minimal interface is slowly being watered down to cater to obsessive people that can't live without looking at their battery percentage every 2 minutes, closing every app that is open, games in the app list, etc.

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying I want a battery bar and percentage meter. I just want a percentage meter. A battery bar is almost completely useless. A percentage meter is useful and would absolutely mesh with the aesthetics of the phone.

S640

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
This is a perfect example of why design should be left to the professionals who understand the style they're going for and ensure changes maintain the excellent user experience they've created. The last thing WP 8.1 needs is to try and be all things to all people and end up in some design-by-committee hell.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but if WP wants to compete with Android and iOS they need to shove every known feature in there and it has to be always visible so that people won't forget it's there. It also needs to have a background behind it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss