Dell Technologies Cyber Savings Event - Up to 45% off

05-22-2014 08:34 PM
28 12
tools
    Anyone else notice after the update that now in the notification center there is a battery percentage meter under the battery symbol? I just noticed this today and was pretty happy to see it there.
    drufranco likes this.
    05-16-2014 01:32 PM
    It was there in the first 8.1
    05-16-2014 01:40 PM
    good morning!
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-16-2014 01:43 PM
    05-16-2014 01:52 PM
    Now all they need to do is put it where it is always visible like IOS and Android.
    chezm and ByeVanno like this.
    05-16-2014 01:57 PM
    good morning!
    05-16-2014 02:02 PM
    Now all they need to do is put it where it is always visible like IOS and Android.
    +1
    05-16-2014 02:03 PM
    Ok then, my bad. Haha Never noticed it there until after the update.
    05-16-2014 02:48 PM
    I think Microsoft had reasoning for that. But Android doesn't actually show the percentage all the time, at least Stock doesn't for me...
    05-16-2014 02:51 PM
    You are right, stock doesn't. But all big manufacturers like Samsung, HTC or Sony does.
    05-16-2014 02:54 PM
    No thanks. There's enough clutter in the system tray as is
    05-16-2014 03:55 PM
    Each to his own but once you use it there's no going back. I can't imagine my Note 3 or Ipad without a slider :)
    05-16-2014 05:24 PM
    Well I for one prefer it the in the notification centre and if people want it in the system tray an option to always show this in the tray in the battery saver app would be best - this way everyone's happy. However we do run the risk of having too many toggles at one point a line will have to be drawn lol.
    MikeSo and MyNL822 like this.
    05-17-2014 01:47 PM

I am tired of everyone wanting WP to be like the other OS's down to minute details like this. F*** that s***. We don't need percentage always visible. I am annoyed enough that they made the status bar visible all the time.
    Last edited by MikeSo; 05-17-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    05-17-2014 02:26 PM
    No thanks. There's enough clutter in the system tray as is

I am tired of every on wanting WP to be like the other OS's down to minute details like this. F*** that s***. We don't need percentage always visible. I am annoyed enough that they made the status bar visible all the time.I'm annoyed that you only consider what you like for our OS to have what would be the point of a status bar if you have to tap to see it.
    Shhh...children. We do need battery percentage visible because if you have noticed our battery never reaches 1%. It always seems to die at 5% or 6%(Why do they do this? Is it because they are saving battery for the shutdown it for you to try turning your phone on and seeing battery screen?) and since I only get one notification when it's at about 11% I need to just look at the top of screen to see battery percent before it dies. I mean what more are 2 little numbers gonna do to your screen, this is why nobody comes to WP, you're all so stiff about keeping it unique when done of is actually want to see our battery status details in the STATUS bar. Like Fr, it doesn't take up alot of space, I'm not asking for then to clutter it like Android, i just want two numbers(3 for up to an hour).

Edit: I am not saying as a must show, but as Techfreak said they should make an option because it is a basic feature that many want.
    05-17-2014 02:34 PM
    Shhh...children. We do need battery percentage visible because if you have noticed our battery never reaches 1%. It always seems to die at 5% or 6%(Why do they do this? Is it because they are saving battery for the shutdown it for you to try turning your phone on and seeing battery screen?) and since I only get one notification when it's at about 11% I need to just look at the top of screen to see battery percent before it dies. I mean what more are 2 little numbers gonna do to your screen, this is why nobody comes to WP, you're all so stiff about keeping it unique when done of is actually want to see our battery status details in the STATUS bar. Like Fr, it doesn't take up alot of space, I'm not asking for then to clutter it like Android, i just want two numbers(3 for up to an hour).

Edit: I am not saying as a must show, but as Techfreak said they should make an option because it is a basic feature that many want.
    It dies before 1% so when you plug in your phone yo charge it, it will boot right back up.
    05-17-2014 07:37 PM
    I am tired of everyone wanting WP to be like the other OS's down to minute details like this. F*** that s***. We don't need percentage always visible. I am annoyed enough that they made the status bar visible all the time.
    Amen. It is sad that the original core idea of WP having a minimal interface is slowly being watered down to cater to obsessive people that can't live without looking at their battery percentage every 2 minutes, closing every app that is open, games in the app list, etc.
    MikeSo, neo158, L Beezy and 2 others like this.
    05-17-2014 11:33 PM
    I'm not saying I want a battery bar and percentage meter. I just want a percentage meter. A battery bar is almost completely useless. A percentage meter is useful and would absolutely mesh with the aesthetics of the phone.
    MyNL822 likes this.
    05-21-2014 08:37 PM
    This is a perfect example of why design should be left to the professionals who understand the style they're going for and ensure changes maintain the excellent user experience they've created. The last thing WP 8.1 needs is to try and be all things to all people and end up in some design-by-committee hell.
    anon(5718954) likes this.
    05-21-2014 09:16 PM
    Yeah, but if WP wants to compete with Android and iOS they need to shove every known feature in there and it has to be always visible so that people won't forget it's there. It also needs to have a background behind it.
    05-22-2014 12:31 AM
    Yeah, but if WP wants to compete with Android and iOS they need to shove every known feature in there and it has to be always visible so that people won't forget it's there. It also needs to have a background behind it.
    Dear Lord, I hope this is sarcasm... :)
    05-22-2014 08:11 AM
    Anyone else notice after the update that now in the notification center there is a battery percentage meter under the battery symbol? I just noticed this today and was pretty happy to see it there.
    Pretty cool, never noticed that before. I like that design.
    For those that want it all the time get something like battery performance or flashlight (I use this currently because I didn't notice the pull down percentage) that allows you to quick status the battery percentage to your lock screen or pin it to a live tile.
    05-22-2014 09:01 AM
    Yes indeed, but it wouldn't be Ms if it wasn't half baked.
    05-22-2014 10:45 AM
    Amen. It is sad that the original core idea of WP having a minimal interface is slowly being watered down to cater to obsessive people that can't live without looking at their battery percentage every 2 minutes, closing every app that is open, games in the app list, etc.
    So, according to you, giving more options to people is bad thing?
    This is what I don't understand about a lot of people. How does having more options that don't affect how you use the phone hurt you?
    Leaving the battery percentage in the notification centre is good enough. But things like the ability to close open apps? How does it affect you in any way? If you don't like to close apps, don't close them. Problem solved.
    MyNL822 likes this.
    05-22-2014 10:57 AM
    Yes, that's exactly what I said. Options are bad. I think we should only have one accent color and one tile on the Start screen.

Seriously though, I have no problem with closing apps but it was obviously added to appease people that are used to doing so in other mobile OSes. You don't really need to close anything with WP but it's there if you want to. Unnecessary but good, like a lot of stuff in 8.1.

What I have a problem with is changes that are made that aren't options but permanent dumb decisions. The no longer auto-hiding status bar is one. There's no option for that. Same with games in the app list, the new "cursor", and the dumbed down hubs. We're basically stuck with those because a few newbies that were used to other OSes complained about having to deal with something different.

So no battery percentage in the status bar. We have enough new "stuff" to deal with already.
    05-22-2014 05:32 PM
28 12