Word Flow record broken? Bull****!

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
They all record time with a hand controlled stopwatch. How can you rely on this? This is ridiculous.

.25 seconds difference could easily have been caused by inaccurate measuring.

Human reaction time is approximately 150 to 300 milliseconds (or 0.15 to 0.30 seconds).

Source: Mental chronometry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, over two measurements, one time on the Word Flow record, and one time with the Fleksy record, the difference could easily range from 0 to 0.60 seconds.

Who says the record is broken? One measurement can't say!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You're correct. This is dependent on the reflexes of the person holding the watch and if the differences are this tight, human reflexes should not be trusted, especially for something like this

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Broken or not, I actually don't care. I'm enjoying word flow on my Lumia and I've to admit it's been a better experience for me compared to swiping on my Android.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Look at andriod central comments , they don't give a **** they got record on andriod

.. Its only the minority marketshare users like WP or BlackBerry think its key selling point or big deal :)..

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Look at andriod central comments , they don't give a **** they got record on andriod

.. Its only the minority marketshare users like WP or BlackBerry think its key selling point or big deal :)..

Same goes for your comment. The OP makes a good point and weather you or your android give a care is immaterial to the fact that human reflex to determine time is a flawed time method. Besides, if it wasn't so important, why was it so important for android's Fleksy to make the video in the first place?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Also the fact the Word Flow beat the previous record by a whole 2 seconds is being thrown out the window.. (no pun intended).

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Broken or not, I actually don't care. I'm enjoying word flow on my Lumia and I've to admit it's been a better experience for me compared to swiping on my Android.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Me too. So much so, that when I type on my Surface using the soft keyboard, I inadvertently try to use Word Flow style typing. Is Surface getting Word Flow? Otherwise, who cares if somebody broke the record? Just because Fleksy is allegedly a fraction of a second faster than Word Flow is irrelevant.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Don't really care what has the record. Wordflow's making typing on this thing so much easier than before, and I'm loving it. Pretty much all that matters to me.
But if they do use hand controlled stop watches, then the OP does have a pretty good point.

Anant Anand

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I installed fleksy on my alternative android... But I'm not impressed... It's actually slow... Keyboard speed should be measured by average user speed not by pro..

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Fleksy is one of the best keyboards . I was using it from private beta before switch to wp8 . You can type so fast even when you don't look at the keyboard . And the developers are from my country ( Greece ) so i support them

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
LOL!
I can't stop my self laughing after reading OP..
Now the Word Flow recorded broken they some MS supporter thinks that their must be something wrong. How can anyone can beat world flow record?

LOL! LOL!

Come on guys. You think that they made an error in Fleksy but they are pin point accurate in World Flow.

Who the F*** care for 0.25 seconds? Is this make WP keyboard bad?

I think both keyboard are great but Fleksy is more beautiful looking Keyboard.(my personal opinion)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss