Much Improved Battery life after the latest update...

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
After installing the latest update yesterday on my lumia 925 ...battery life is more improved than the previous version..
Now my lumia 925 squeezes more juice from the battery like getting almost two days with wifi on , listening to music.. ....
Anyone experieced any changes in the battery life on your lumia phones whether it is improved or worsened..
Here is my battery saver screen shot
wp_ss_20140517_0001.png
Latest photo of my lumia 925 battery saver after fullycharged.....even after 3 hours battery still remians at 100%..I cant believe before it is used to get too hot ..now there is no heat issue..
wp_ss_20140518_0001.png
Iet me see if this continues and becomes stable even after a week...

Last edited:

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Same here. My battery was terrible before this week's update. Note seems to be back to normal on my 925. Only a couple of days of testing, but indeed seems much better!

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 925 is still facing the problem of battery drain. I guess its the WhatsApp who is draining all the battery from my phone! Yesterday I did hard reset and didn't installed WhatsApp just to checkout how battery goes without WhatsApp! Guys it was so awesome..i charged my phone to 100% at 2:40 am and at 12 noon it was at 90% and then installed WhatsApp to check out if drain is there or not..after installing same problem occurred so my,guess is WhatsApp is using our all battery like a beast not the OS!

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 925 is still facing the problem of battery drain. I guess its the WhatsApp who is draining all the battery from my phone! Yesterday I did hard reset and didn't installed WhatsApp just to checkout how battery goes without WhatsApp! Guys it was so awesome..i charged my phone to 100% at 2:40 am and at 12 noon it was at 90% and then installed WhatsApp to check out if drain is there or not..after installing same problem occurred so my,guess is WhatsApp is using our all battery like a beast not the OS!

maybe you were right FYI i didnt have whatsapp installed after hardreset...I will try to access battery life with whatsapp installed....

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The battery life on my 822 was ok with the first update until I did a hard reset. Then it got worse, not awful, but decidedly worse. I just applied the latest update late last night so it may be to early to tell but it seems improved already.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
For me it is better, with none of the 'hot phone' situations that always used to happen. However we need a week or more to really tell if things are genuinely better.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Help me understand what you mean. It's the problem that it was just running in the background or that it was just installed? It the latter how would that make a difference in your battery life?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
mine seems better, until I use it. I think they fixed the standby time. which made the phone consume near no battery when locked.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, they may tune the battery life for the RTM version, however you guys need to understand that it consume more battery because of Cortana.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is awesome and consistent. No hot spots. I easily get about 12 hours of use (HEAVY USE, WiFi always on, Location On, music plays almost 70% of the time, lot of whatsapp and facebook). On a normal usage, I get about 20 to 26 hours which is pretty good considering that the 520 has only a 1440mAh battery.

eomes

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Glad I randomly found this thread because I'm facing major battery issues on my Lumia 925.

First thing is, it drops to 70-80% after a full recharge throughout the night with only Wi-Fi enabled, network set to 2G.

Secondly, it seems that even when dealing with the simplest tasks, such as calendar managing or a quick browse on the internet makes the phone hot and starts draining its battery at ridiculous pace - after few minutes it could drop by 5-10%.

I'm running 8.1 Preview and I have installed the last week's update which was supposed to improve battery life.

EDIT: have you guys hard reset the phone after the update to see the improvements?

Last edited:

prebuss

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Woah, it looks like everyone who owns L925 has noticed a better battery life. Actually, same here on my L925, which was pretty horrible before the update. More than happy now!

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Glad I randomly found this thread because I'm facing major battery issues on my Lumia 925.

First thing is, it drops to 70-80% after a full recharge throughout the night with only Wi-Fi enabled, network set to 2G.

Secondly, it seems that even when dealing with the simplest tasks, such as calendar managing or a quick browse on the internet makes the phone hot and starts draining its battery at ridiculous pace - after few minutes it could drop by 5-10%.

I'm running 8.1 Preview and I have installed the last week's update which was supposed to improve battery life.

EDIT: have you guys hard reset the phone after the update to see the improvements?

Yes eomes I did hard reset after installing the update and my battery life is much better and stable and there are no random battery drains till now..
So try doing hard reset compare it..
When my lumia 925 is fullycharged to 100% battery saver shows 4days and 15 hours remaining..It can last almost 1 day with severe use
thanks to MS...

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 625 only lasts for five to six hours, light to moderate use. It goes 100% for too long (40 minutes) and then goes crappy 99% after 5 minutes and drains 1% per five minutes moderate to heavy use. I have 2000 mAh which is disappointing.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I did the update for WP8.1 on my NL925 the day it was released & immediately noticed my phone wasn't getting hot anymore. It's been couple of days now & I can say the battery drain is no longer an issue, even whilst using Cortana, whatsapp, Wi-Fi on, Location on & screen brightness set to low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb