Much Improved Battery life after the latest update...

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
really satisfied with latest update
I can use my 720 freely without worry about the battery. Whatever I use it will stand more than 12 hours. In normal use It can live for 2 days in single charge. Awesome

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Glad I randomly found this thread because I'm facing major battery issues on my Lumia 925.

First thing is, it drops to 70-80% after a full recharge throughout the night with only Wi-Fi enabled, network set to 2G.

Secondly, it seems that even when dealing with the simplest tasks, such as calendar managing or a quick browse on the internet makes the phone hot and starts draining its battery at ridiculous pace - after few minutes it could drop by 5-10%.

I'm running 8.1 Preview and I have installed the last week's update which was supposed to improve battery life.

EDIT: have you guys hard reset the phone after the update to see the improvements?

Yes I would suggest a hard reset and do not restore your setting when setting the phone back up. Set it up as new and then go into the store and reinstall the apps you had. I know you will loose all your stuff except photos on Onedrive but if it will fix the problem then it is worth it.

eomes

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Conan143 and Will6371 for your answers. I'll try to hard reset it after I've got my photos backed up and will be back to report on the situation.

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
My battery life on the 920 was the one reason I wanted to change handset prior to Wp 8.1 new update now it's settling. I will also post some screenshots after a few cycles of charging hopefully.

:smile:

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I would suggest a hard reset and do not restore your setting when setting the phone back up. Set it up as new and then go into the store and reinstall the apps you had. I know you will loose all your stuff except photos on Onedrive but if it will fix the problem then it is worth it.

I finally did this too. I use a 1020 and I would previously get 12 hours under the best scenario (aka minimal use). Since the reset it is telling me that I have 1 day and 20 hours when not using. huge difference...

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
My battery life was really good before the update then got bad and ran really hot after. A hard reset put everything right and its now very good, better than before so I'm very pleased with it.

wpcentralacc

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
How is this possible? I recently got a Lumia 925 not too long ago and at 100 percent, it says I only have 11 hours remaining. I do not have 8.1 so 8.0 should be stable but my battery life is just awful!

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
How is this possible? I recently got a Lumia 925 not too long ago and at 100 percent, it says I only have 11 hours remaining. I do not have 8.1 so 8.0 should be stable but my battery life is just awful!

This is an estimative only! Not the real time left before your phone battery goes into another dimension. Mine is NEVER showing accurately, it always lasts more than it say it will.

My battery life is AMAZING after the update, and I noticed the GPS is not required as much it was before the update, so I think some features were "toned down" a notch for battery life's sake.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I didn't do a hard rest after the update but saw a minor improvement and it hasn't overheated since. I'm down from 8% discharge rate per hour to around 6 during use. Tonight, I'll leave my phone without charge to see if idle improved. Before I was getting about 4% discharge rate even when idle.

shinkamui

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Is this the update you guys are talking about? My phone still gets hot and my battery life is still terrible, even after the hard reset and non restore. Checked foe an update today, nothing. Did the 8.1 update 2 days ago from stock.

ute6uqaq.png

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140518_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140518_0001.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 6

eomes

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Is this the update you guys are talking about? My phone still gets hot and my battery life is still terrible, even after the hard reset and non restore. Checked foe an update today, nothing. Did the 8.1 update 2 days ago from stock.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/19/ute6uqaq.png

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Yup, that's the latest OS version.

So I did the same thing today: hard reset, did not restore and anything. It seems to be the same after the first charge - I'm at 55% currently having my phone charged 5hrs ago and I practically haven't used it at all, only downloaded a few apps and browsed online a couple of times. While I'm typing this the phone has also become quite warm, just as it was previously.

Really, really frustrating.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Yup, that's the latest OS version.

So I did the same thing today: hard reset, did not restore and anything. It seems to be the same after the first charge - I'm at 55% currently having my phone charged 5hrs ago and I practically haven't used it at all, only downloaded a few apps and browsed online a couple of times. While I'm typing this the phone has also become quite warm, just as it was previously.

Really, really frustrating.

When you did the hard reset did you restore from a backup?

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Wont start another thread, however while I can't comment on battery life (1520 was already a monster here) I have noticed that the annoying "tap" when wanting to "swipe" issue is much reduced. It used to happen all the time, every time I used the phone. Now it does it maybe a handful of times per day. Additionally, the double-tap to wake function seems more reliable now too.

eomes

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
When you did the hard reset did you restore from a backup?

Nope, made a fresh start from scratch and didn't restore my backup. During the night battery percentage dropped by ~20% as it used to prior to the reset.

I'm going to try the crazy AgentWhiteBread method of turning everything on (there is a separate thread about it, I think I saw you participating in it as well, Will). I never had battery saver on, but Bluetooth and GPS was always turned off on my phone, so I'll try to have them on for the next discharge.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, despite initially looking better my and my wife's phones are back to the hot phone/battery discharge issue with update 2.

Her phone only lasted 4 hours today. And this is 3 days after install so it's nothing to do with the install process which can be quite intense.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, they may tune the battery life for the RTM version, however you guys need to understand that it consume more battery because of Cortana.

Cortana doesn't actually use that much juice, at least in the background. The biggest battery hogs in the OS seem to be: (ironically) letting battery saver run in the background, and the Cortana live tile. [ok that was incredible: Word Flow originally read that as courtesans love time LOL!! Those courtesans consume a lot of energy, I guess...]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss