People hub, Social networks integration

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi there!
Social networks integration on WP 8.1 sucks! We all know that, but how far will it go when official version of 8.1 comes? Everytime when I borrow my phone to my broher, sister, friend or whoever wants to sign in to their FB account I lose my contacts in people hub, and when I sign in again then comes that slow updating of my contacts, and photos that are not really synced with their profile pictures. It's not just fb, it's Skype, Twitter too.
So, will this be happening after 8.1, will things get better? Any rumours and speculations are welcomed.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Only solution to your problem is either a) make them use the mobile sites where possible, b) tell them to get their own devices, or c) tell them no. Sadly WP8.1 doesn't support multiple user accounts, which would solve your problem completely. If none of those options are feasible, only thing you can do is deal with it, unless you can rewrite the OS and/or apps to suppport multiple accounts.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you on your reply.
Facebook mobile site preference is terrible. Photos are oversized, they don't fit the screen, back button comes like refresh, scrolling is bad...
I don't wanna use it why should they? Of course I can always give them to use some third party apps of Facebook, but we are talking about official Facebook and it's integration with OS which is bad.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're basically asking for a feature that Windows Phone 8 doesn't support - guest accounts (or any kind of fast account swapping)

The only way around this is to use third party apps.

Diana Silva

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
And skype pictures dont appear anymore .. I have contacts that dont have facebook... But before it sync profile picture with skype .. Now it doesnt .. :-\ and i hate to have to enter the APP (facebook) too make a coment or post anything .. WP is losing his personalitie

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234