How to Bluetooth connect windows phone to your car

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine just connects the first time. Same in my wife's car, and she ain't technical. I don't know why your phone isn't connecting the first time. Does your phone have a similar problem connecting to any other bluetooth devices like this? If you have a buddy with bluetooth enabled car, try to connect there and see if the same happens there. This isn't how Windows Phone connects to bluetooth BTW.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Mine just connects the first time. Same in my wife's car, and she ain't technical. I don't know why your phone isn't connecting the first time. Does your phone have a similar problem connecting to any other bluetooth devices like this? If you have a buddy with bluetooth enabled car, try to connect there and see if the same happens there. This isn't how Windows Phone connects to bluetooth BTW.

What do you mean that's not how wp connects to bluetooth?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean that's not how wp connects to bluetooth?

In your video you said 'this is how you connect to bluetooth in the car', as if it takes 3 attempts to connect normally. Maybe you didn't mean it that way but I'm reacting to that. So have you tried to connect in another car yet?

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay, I see. Do you have any suggestions for a different title? And I have not tried it with any other car because that is the only car I have access to that has Bluetooth.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay, I see. Do you have any suggestions for a different title? And I have not tried it with any other car because that is the only car I have access to that has Bluetooth.
No. I'm not the editor here. lol. It was what you said in the video. But not a big deal. Forget it. On your issue though, I was trying to see if you could isolate the phone from your car. If it is important enough, head to a car dealership and talk about interest in a particular car. Make the requirement that your phone connect to bluetooth. They will allow you to test. If it doesn't connect, the problem is your phone.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Do you mind if I may ask what year the car is that you used. Because if you go online there are many other people who had this problem not with just the civic ever since windows phone 8 came out. For example you might see " Windows phone 7 worked fine but windows phone just doesn't seem to want to connect". Well at least I can get rid of my auxiliary cable.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you mind if I may ask what year the car is that you used. Because if you go online there are many other people who had this problem not with just the civic ever since windows phone 8 came out. For example you might see " Windows phone 7 worked fine but windows phone just doesn't seem to want to connect". Well at least I can get rid of my auxiliary cable.

My car has an after market stereo and my phone connects to it without any problem. I rent a lot of cars when I go on travel with BT and they all connect just fine. None ever failed.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I had no problem connecting my phone to my car (2012 Infiniti G37XS). It has worked for several months but now it's decided it doesn't know my car any more, not sure why. I haven't bothered trying to reconnect yet as I don't use it that much. It only works for voice and text, not music, otherwise I would. I generally avoid yacking when driving so it's not a big deal. I think some of the communication limitations are with Infiniti, not the phone.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Update to my previous post, I found that I can stream audio to my car after all. I had to pair the phone twice, once for voice/text mode and once for audio mode. The two modes are set up slightly differently in my car's audio system and I didn't notice it before. So, duh on me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos