Xbox Music - how to set album artwork images?

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The albums I used to have on wp8 show the album artwork images (jpegs inside the folder together with the mp3s), on the new Xbox music, not anymore.i have a folder with jpeg inside, named the same as the album is, but on Xbox music, the artwork does not show up, just a gray square. Anyone knows how to change that? Thanks in advance.

giant21_k

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
The albums I used to have on wp8 show the album artwork images (jpegs inside the folder together with the mp3s), on the new Xbox music, not anymore.i have a folder with jpeg inside, named the same as the album is, but on Xbox music, the artwork does not show up, just a gray square. Anyone knows how to change that? Thanks in advance.
if you on wp8 you can use "mpa tools" app to add cover album and background to your music player

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Simply, ....you can't. -Unless you go and "properly" tag each song/album/artist...which by the way is a hit or miss with Xbox Music. -Even if you properly tag your music, I find that Xbox Music will not pull metadata right half the time.

But that's with the 8.1 music app....

HOWEVER, if you resurrect the old xbox music app through Music Hub Tile, then you can use MPATool again like we could use with WP8.

It's the only way till MS pulls their head outta their ...es with Xbox Music...

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow 😲 was this really taken out from the "new" music app on the 8.1?! Surreal. Here's hoping they bring it back. I don't want to fiddle around with tag editors, life's too short 😞 thanks for replying

dellboy67

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Good to have an app but surely if we already have the data we shouldn't have to be using an app!!
8.1 should be an upgrade shouldn't it??

Microsoft - what have you go to say for yourselves...

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
There is one difference between the music+videos hub and the current music hub that we have: Connection to xbox music. In the former, we were able to turn it off, therefore allowing perfect readability of offline metatdata. Now, MS thought it would be an amazing idea to force the native music player to use xbox music's archives, which is usually horrendously wrong unless you buy music off of xbox music or tag it into oblivion (even that doens't always work; varies from phone to phone, so I've seen). All MS has to do is implement a switch like in the music+videos hub and 80% of the problem would be eliminated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo