I give up, going back to Android. Any tips on the LG L70 D325?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustavo Pereira

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
After six months with my Lumia 520 I gave up and I'm analyzing new phones. I cant stand the poorly developed apps and the lack of importance that the WP has in the market. Not to mention the disappointment with 8.1 After reading and comparing prices, I concluded that the LG L70 is one of the best cost-benefits in the market. I never had a LG device, so what can you guys tell me? Camera, design, durability, etc.

f88

May 29, 2013
Visit site
There's actually an area on Android Central's forums on the LG L70; perhaps the discussion would be more appropriate there? I doubt a forum devoted to Windows Phone will be able to speak as enthusiastically or intelligently about converting to an Android phone as they can. You can find the area on Android Central here: LG L70 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Good luck. Windows Phone certainly isn't for everyone. I give you kudos for giving it a try. I agree that you probably won't find much info on the LG L70 round these parts.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The OS (WP8/8.1) is fantastic.. and a much more rewarding experience on the higher end Windows Phones. Have you tried a 1020, 1520, or Icon?

Gustavo Pereira

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried a friend's 1020 with WP8. Yeah, its fantastic, Nokia as always did a great job. What really bothers is how far behind WP apps are. I mean not only Whatsapp, Facebook or Instagram. There are so many other examples and its a big deal for me. I love everything about WP, but right now i feel like its time for a change. Hopefully i'll be back soon. Again, thanks for the help guys.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried a friend's 1020 with WP8. Yeah, its fantastic, Nokia as always did a great job. What really bothers is how far behind WP apps are. I mean not only Whatsapp, Facebook or Instagram. There are so many other examples and its a big deal for me. I love everything about WP, but right now i feel like its time for a change. Hopefully i'll be back soon. Again, thanks for the help guys.

Sounds like you're just waiting for the apps you mature, no biggie there, in our own way, we all kind of are. Hopefully you keep your 520 around, maybe something will pull you back. About the phone though, sadly, I don't know much about it (I keep tabs on the high-end Android devices, wondering if they'll ever come to WP lol). Good luck with your choice, and yeah, let the apps mature as the OS does the same. :)

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I really don't understand if its the OS's fault or the developers!! Can't the developers just create decent apps for WP as they do for Android and iOS?!! What's their problem?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't feel about switching back to Android, but I do recommend you keep your 520 as a solid backup. And that way you can track the OS's progress in development.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
After six months with my Lumia 520 I gave up and I'm analyzing new phones. I cant stand the poorly developed apps and the lack of importance that the WP has in the market. Not to mention the disappointment with 8.1 After reading and comparing prices, I concluded that the LG L70 is one of the best cost-benefits in the market. I never had a LG device, so what can you guys tell me? Camera, design, durability, etc.

Take this as my personal 2 cents:
A) I'd never buy an LG because of the poor quality and, in Taiwan and other countries, low quality of service. However i don't deny there may be good ones.
B) My personal choice in Android goes to either HTC (design, build quality, materials, UI Tweaks) or Samsung Note, and only the Note family (But at the price of very cheap plastic and a terrible UI with their customized version but nothing you can't change).
So my range would be:
A) HTC One, New One, One Mini or Butterfly S (one of the best underrated phones out there) or some of the new Desire family (saw an orange one in Taipei and it was really nice to handle and use, at a good price.
B) A Galaxy note (better wait for the 4 but you may have different tastes), if you need to work with text, manipulate documents, write notes etc.

Been trying many other devices in shops and i didn't find myself happy with LG to date. I was attracted by the LG Flex (curved shape and antiscratch paint that self repairs when scratched) but after holding one in hand i gave up. Too plasticky. Terrible feeling for a good design.

I am waiting on Note 4 as well. I may migrate back to Android as well or at best use both platforms till my 1520 becomes a bit obsolete. It's just not making me happy.

Hope this helps

praveen9663

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
All essential Apps required for daily tasks is available in Store......Day by day No. of apps are added to store.....WP8.1 has best UI..
NOTE: ALL ANDROID'S NOT COMPATIBLE FOR UPCOMING MAJOR UPDATES....

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I really don't understand if its the OS's fault or the developers!! Can't the developers just create decent apps for WP as they do for Android and iOS?!! What's their problem?

Um, money? It costs a lot to create a decent app and there are insufficient WP users to justify that developer effort. Not enough buying paid apps, not enough to make money from ad-supported apps.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The 520 is one of the cheapest, rubbish models aimed for poor people and children. It's like buying a Skoda Fabia and then saying all Volkswagens are crap.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Um, money? It costs a lot to create a decent app and there are insufficient WP users to justify that developer effort. Not enough buying paid apps, not enough to make money from ad-supported apps.

Money??? Who is paying them to create decent apps for android or ios? Obviously not the users! Nor the companies. Its sth else, it myt be a hidden software coding issue which maybe we won't understand even if its explained. Or it myt be sth bigger - business politics, conspiracy etc...who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05