Why doesn't Nokia realize...

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
All they have to do to make a huge splash is throw a budget FFC and a full gig of ram in the 520? It would literally cost $7 more to manufacture and they'd have something that truly completes. Put that around the $80-$90 price range and it'd absolutely destroy every other budget phone and have a better profit margin.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
There are rumors that there will be a Lumia 530. It will be a ground breaking budget phone if it has: Quad core processsor. 1gb ram. ClearBlack display, Glance screen, and a flash for the camera...and a music equalizer maybe.

Piyush18

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
There are rumors that there will be a Lumia 530. It will be a ground breaking budget phone if it has: Quad core processsor. 1gb ram. ClearBlack display, Glance screen, and a flash for the camera...and a music equalizer maybe.

Even a front facing camera.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Where are these rumors you speak of? I haven't seen a front page news report. o.o Though, it was busy last week, so I may have missed it, so I'd love a link! :)

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The 520 is fine for older folks like my mom that the only thing they do is talk, text and sometimes facebook and take a picture. The only thing missing is flash when they want to take a picture in dark environments but other than that is great for a basic budget phone and she is already rolling on Windows Phone 8.1 ;)

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

that doesn't sound like a budget phone
way too much pluses

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
if it's a low range phone, I'm sure it won't have ClearBlack, flash, quad core CPU, and Gorilla Glass
1 gig of ram is quite possible (remember the 525?)
Glance is still quite possible too

it could go either way, though...
the specs will be similiar and it could be just a 520/525 with a new design

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
if it's a low range phone, I'm sure it won't have ClearBlack, flash, quad core CPU, and Gorilla Glass
1 gig of ram is quite possible (remember the 525?)
Glance is still quite possible too

it could go either way, though...
the specs will be similiar and it could be just a 520/525 with a new design

Ok forget the quad core cpu, and no one said anything about gorilla glass. But look, even the Lumia 620 has a clearblack display and glance screen and its also a low end phone. So the 530 should also have them. Nothing impossible. It can be expected.

Salamy

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 530 I believe it will be without flash or front facing camera or bigger battery, this year if the Lumia 530 came without this additions, that will be a deal breaker.

take Lumia 630 a cool phone without camera flash !!!

something really disappointing, if they will provide a new budget phone they should upgrade Lumia 520 specs.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok forget the quad core cpu, and no one said anything about gorilla glass. But look, even the Lumia 620 has a clearblack display and glance screen and its also a low end phone. So the 530 should also have them. Nothing impossible. It can be expected.

do you know that Nokia ranks their phone with their number series?
I thought this is a common knowledge

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
My guess is that the "530" (or whatever the number will be) will be a cost reduced version of the 520: lacking light & proximity sensors like the 630, and using a cheaper CPU than the 520.

Piyush18

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Haven't you all seen the Moto G? It is a budget phone rocking all the good features like quad core CPU, 1 GB of ram, 720p screen etc. Nokia should make a phone with similar specs to compete with android.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Haven't you all seen the Moto G? It is a budget phone rocking all the good features like quad core CPU, 1 GB of ram, 720p screen etc. Nokia should make a phone with similar specs to compete with android.

Yeah, it's 179-199... You can buy a 820 new at that price and have a lot more memory since the Moto G has no sd card slot.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

With those Specs it can be called as Nokia Lumia 830/730.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium