Battery drains fast and become slow when opening Apps

ekiRYL

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
do you guys feel when you want to open some application becomes very slow?
and the battery also drained very quickly?

it happened on my Lumia 520 ><

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Your device requires a firmware update which will fix most of these issues. Its still a preview (final update will fix most of the issues and battery issues ).

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the second developer preview release (OS 8.10.12382.878) as this addressed issues relating to battery drain.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Your device requires a firmware update which will fix most of these issues. Its still a preview (final update will fix most of the issues and battery issues ).

You work for Microsoft I assume? No? Well in that case until I see official notification of that magic coming, I'm not really into believing this. The battery burn issue has existed since 8.0 and we've gone through 2 firmware update and 3 OS updates in that time with no fix.

Ironically under 8.1 the bug that occurred on some phones is now happening on more phones which is a good and bad thing. Good in that Microsoft might now focus and track it down. Bad because more people are suffering.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware fault to me. Yes, there are a few efficiency issues with the 8.1 dev preview which have largely been solved with the latest update. At no point, however, have there been significant slowdowns or major battery drain. It is particularly telling that you had the same prob with 8.

Try hard reset of course, and if particular apps are causing this don't install them. Then test. If you still have the same issues go back to 8.0 and test again, if still an issue contact Nokia Care as a hardware fault sounds likely.

Ferokzz

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,
I updated my Lumia 720 to WP 8.1...untill then it was ok .... But now after the latest 8.10 update my battery seems to b draining much faster with slow response from the phone ... I have had phone freezing up issues as well... Something is not right... Either the bugs are really not fixed or some issue with my phone ... Ne expert advice then please guide... Cheers Feroz ;)

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Cortana pinned to the home screen? If so, try to unpin it. After I unpinned mine, all my lagginess, heating and battery drain disappeared.

Ferokzz

May 21, 2014
Visit site
@ crav4speed - hey buddy I tried removing Cortana from the desktop however it does not make any difference to the battery. Thanks for the advice though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb