Facebook Contacts Issue

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
OK - I'm one of those rare people who don't integrate my phone (contacts, etc.) with Facebook, LinkedIn. I have the Facebook app installed, with integration turned OFF. Yet, whenever I add a new contact, it auto-links with that contact's Facebook profile. I find that incredibly invasive given I've turned that setting to OFF in the Facebook app.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug? If I de-link the contacts that are linked, then their SMS threads are greyed out and locked. It's just weird.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
OK - I'm one of those rare people who don't integrate my phone (contacts, etc.) with Facebook, LinkedIn. I have the Facebook app installed, with integration turned OFF. Yet, whenever I add a new contact, it auto-links with that contact's Facebook profile. I find that incredibly invasive given I've turned that setting to OFF in the Facebook app.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug? If I de-link the contacts that are linked, then their SMS threads are greyed out and locked. It's just weird.

make sure the integration is turned off. i think u just have turned off the option for facebook in msgs thread.
there is a setting in the facebook where it says connect to phone (which is specifically for the contacts). u have to turn that off.
i am asuming u r on WP 8.1 DP.
and u can also choose not to display the FB contacts. by this way, the linked contacts shall also be hidden.

if ur problem continues, just uninstall the FB app, and use a third party app like JDB or somthing.
as u don't need the integration u can use third party apps, which are better that the default one, but cannot provide integration.

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
make sure the integration is turned off. i think u just have turned off the option for facebook in msgs thread.
there is a setting in the facebook where it says connect to phone (which is specifically for the contacts). u have to turn that off.
i am asuming u r on WP 8.1 DP.
and u can also choose not to display the FB contacts. by this way, the linked contacts shall also be hidden.

if ur problem continues, just uninstall the FB app, and use a third party app like JDB or somthing.
as u don't need the integration u can use third party apps, which are better that the default one, but cannot provide integration.

No, I have integration turned off in the Facebook app and have NEVER turned it on. I'm just stunned that Facebook doesn't respect that setting.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
No, I have integration turned off in the Facebook app and have NEVER turned it on. I'm just stunned that Facebook doesn't respect that setting.

yes. i think i have seen such happening. sometimes, it really works as if settings are not there at all.
it also happened with Whatsapp. whatsapp doesnot seem to understand the settings saying do not download images automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo