Possible to reset autocorrect without a phone wipe?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Some of these typing errors are driving me nuts. Seems like 70% of the time I hit "o" I get an "i". I just expect that when i attempt to type "or" it will change to "it". Even "but" to "bit" alot. Another one is trying to push Spacebar and getting a letter above it, as well.

Admittedly when I get these errors, I always backspace and retype. If I highlighted the errors and hit a suggested word above the keyboard, would the phone slowly learn and correct itself?

I've had 2 WP devices and both had similar autocorrect errors.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I see an option to "reset suggestions" but the description makes me think its changes what I have manually done and the changes what came with the device will still remain. These errors aren't my own suggestions. I know the keyboard "learns" but I didn't get the sense resetting suggestions would actually accomplish what I wanted.

Edit: I just had "what" change to "that", twice, typing that out.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it will "slowly learn and correct itself", but make sure you don't have any settings that MS uses for feedback off. If you do, there will be no difference in suggestions.

You should reset the kb and start over.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Under keyboard I had feedback on, but the general feedback in settings was off. I'll enable it and see if it slowly gets better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers