Windows phone keep track of your location

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My home is the only place where I connect to WiFi. So it goes like this, I came back home at 11pm after work where I had my phone on cellular data. So as soon as I reached home the phone informed me that some apps need my attention and will only download when I connect to WiFi. And this only happened as soon as I was home as if it knew that this is the place I will connect to WiFi. Awesome!!!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Those must be app updates (you can download them on your mobile data as well , to do so go into windows phone store /settings/turn of only get updates over wifi )

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Those must be app updates (you can download them on your mobile data as well , to do so go into windows phone store /settings/turn of only get updates over wifi )

Yeah I know those are app updates and I know I can download then over cellular data. The point of this thread was that the phone keeps track of the location where I connect to a WiFi connection and informs me at that location that updates are available so connect to WiFi to update them.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It may also be a time based check. In Windows Phone 8.0, I used to get app update notifications between 1700 and 1730UTC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb