Transferring everything from Lumia 520 to new Lumia 625

endlesslumia

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I've just got my new 625 and want to copy contacts, texts, apps, settings pictures etc,,,,(everything basically) from my 520 to my 625.
I've got text backup on, app backup on and settings backup. Photos auto upload to the cloud too. When i log in my windows account on the new phone set-up and connect to wifi, nothing happens.....i get no list of backups to restore from. This is without a sim in the new phone may i add....

How do i set by step get my apps, texts, contacts, settings and photos on my new phone????

the easy transfer doesn't even say there are any contacts to copy over?? there are loads!

help appreciated

thanks

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
first of all, make a manual backup.
this should show there is a backup in the cloud.
wp_ss_20140520_0001.png

then, make sure, u have setup ur new phone with the same id as ur old phone.
u will be able to restore everything.
apart from that, u can use an app called "Transfer my data" from Nokia, which AFAIK can transfer contacts and msgs.

endlesslumia

May 20, 2014
Visit site
i've made a manual backup and it says "last backup 30 seconds ago"

i then log into my new phone under the same email address i started my old 520 in and nothing happens even when i set my wifi up during the startup process.

i've used transfer my data and it does nothing. it says there are no contacts and it won't do anything else.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe that you need to have cellular data on to trigger the setup from backup screen.

Not if his device is on GDR3 (or even WP 8.1 for that matter). Pre GDR3 adding a WiFi connection happened after the backup restoration process. With GDR3 Microsoft thankfully changed this behavior.

Wondering though if the OP for some reason acidentally skipped the restore screen when setting up his new shiny toy (maybe out of pure excitement :) ).

endlesslumia

May 20, 2014
Visit site
it gives me the option to log into a nokia account....it just does nothing after . i didn't have a sim card in at the time,,,only wifi. are apps supposed to just start to download>?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can't access the restore option once setup is completed. You will have to perform a hard reset and start from scratch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos