WP 8.1 can't print wirelessly!?!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
You mean to tell me in its awesomeness WP 8.1 can't wirelessly print?!? My iPhone which could do nothing in a professional manner can do that. How was this over looked?

Last edited:

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
There are apps in the store which can enable you wirelessly print. Also check to see if your printer has an app in the store. I use a brother printer and they have an app that enables me to wirelessly print from Onedrive.

There's another app called Print Now which can wirelessly print but requires a google account, your printer to be google cloud print ready, and you can only print from Onedrive or Google drive.

I like both apps but don't use them nearly as much as I thought I would. But I agree it would be nice to have a native solution like in iOS.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You mean to tell me in its awesomeness WP 8.1 can't wirelessly print?!? My iPhone which could do nothing in a professional manner can do that. How was this over looked?

I print over WiFi, directly from the phone. Print 4x6 photos or documents, scan to OneDrive. There are several Brother printers supported by the Brother iPrint&Scan app. I have a Brother MFC-J625DW.
Supported printers:
Print from Windows Phone – Brother iPrint&Scan

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I got ah HP eprinter, so I can email my printer from anywhere. Plus Print Hand will let me print wireless too

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Especially given Microsoft's vision for productivity being the differentiator this should have been on WP8 a long time ago. I just hope they replace Windows Phone with Windows RT. Windows RT has way more functionality built in (and I'd love to be able to swipe charms or multitasking in from the sides)

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Especially given Microsoft's vision for productivity being the differentiator this should have been on WP8 a long time ago. I just hope they replace Windows Phone with Windows RT. Windows RT has way more functionality built in (and I'd love to be able to swipe charms or multitasking in from the sides)
Personally I think Windows rt and Windows phone along with a bunch of other Microsoft products need to be rebranded. Really Windows rt is just not Windows.i think they should call it surface OS or something like that. And maybe Windows phone should bare the name or be called Lumia os. Just a thought.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think Windows rt and Windows phone along with a bunch of other Microsoft products need to be rebranded. Really Windows rt is just not Windows.i think they should call it surface OS or something like that. And maybe Windows phone should bare the name or be called Lumia os. Just a thought.

They can't rebrand Windows RT as Surface OS and keep the same look and feel as Windows 8, it would also limit the ability to use the OS on other devices, would you buy a Samsung or ASUS device powered by Surface OS. Similarly WP can't be rebranded as Lumia OS as it's also used on devices from other OEMs. What I mean is that the iPhone doesn't run iPhone OS and the iPad doesn't run iPad OS, do they?

I would also say that it would undo all the advertising done already.

I feel WP and RT will merge completely at some point with WP devices and tablets <10" will use RT and tablets >10" will run Windows 8.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
[warn] Let's not harass, name call or break the rules in any way, it will not be tolerated. Anymore violations in this thread will receive infractions.[/warn]

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You got statistics or just sprouting made up data?

Gotta agree with Neo, iPhones can print natively since iOS 7, which was just last year. For that to work it has to be to an AirPrint-enabled printer. Without a 3rd party app, there is no phone on the market that can print to a network printer. I'm guessing that not too many people know that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb