WP 8.1 can't print wirelessly!?!

TheWPFan

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
The drivers that exist for WinRT shouldn't have any trouble running on WP8+. I'd love to be able to print a .docx from OneDrive via Word.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So with Microsoft being the leader in the enterprise world why is there not protocol for Windows? Or at least a universal protocol that works on all Windows products? And if there is one why is it not on Windows phone but on Windows rt and Windows versions for computer?
Try to read my post above related to XPS printing.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Let's bury this horse once and for all. Windows Phones have the capability to print wirelessly. It is possible via cloud printing (Google) or directly depending on the printer's manufacturer. If the printer OEM doesn't publish an app, you're SOL.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes but some people will just make stuff up to complain about. Doesn't matter what you tell them they will just find something else to complain about next time.

Let's bury this horse once and for all. Windows Phones have the capability to print wirelessly. It is possible via cloud printing (Google) or directly depending on the printer's manufacturer. If the printer OEM doesn't publish an app, you're SOL.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes but some people will just make stuff up to complain about. Doesn't matter what you tell them they will just find something else to complain about next time.
Yeah, true. My WP prints to all my printers. I don't even have to use a google service for it. Oh wait. Nvm I just made that up, I don't know what to believe anymore. I'll just go back to the land of make believe and WP printing , and fairies, unicorns.....

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, true. My WP prints to all my printers. I don't even have to use a google service for it. Oh wait. Nvm I just made that up, I don't know what to believe anymore. I'll just go back to the land of make believe and WP printing , and fairies, unicorns.....
At least someone agrees with me. Their saying it does it and then saying only if my printer fits into this small margin of prerequisites that imo is ridiculous. What if I don't want to have to Gmail messages to myself to print an email or webpage. The idea of it is clearly a work around for the phone not being able to do it. Smh

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
At least someone agrees with me. Their saying it does it and then saying only if my printer fits into this small margin of prerequisites that imo is ridiculous. What if I don't want to have to Gmail messages to myself to print an email or webpage. The idea of it is clearly a work around for the phone not being able to do it. Smh
Windowsphone.uservoice.com <-- tell Microsoft about it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Who says you have to email anything to yourself? Who says the phone can't do it? The phone CAN do it. It's the printer manufacturers that haven't all released apps. Brother and Canon both have apps for direct printing over wi-fi. HP has an app but it's limited to photos so I don't count them. I've been printing to my workplace printer since WP7.5. All I did was register it to my Google account and that was that. Took less than 5 minutes to do.

Don't take my word for it, do your own research instead of relying on anybody here who may or may not say what you want to hear.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Who says you have to email anything to yourself? Who says the phone can't do it? The phone CAN do it. It's the printer manufacturers that haven't all released apps. Brother and Canon both have apps for direct printing over wi-fi. HP has an app but it's limited to photos so I don't count them. I've been printing to my workplace printer since WP7.5. All I did was register it to my Google account and that was that. Took less than 5 minutes to do.

Don't take my word for it, do your own research instead of relying on anybody here who may or may not say what you want to hear.
I needed no app with my iPhone.

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The issue here is that from the typical end user point of view the iOS platform "just works". Since most printers now support the AirPrint protocol and consumers aren't generally aware this is a specific protocol limited to Apple products they just blame the platform that isn't allowing them to print. Microsoft just doesn't carry the 'weight' in the mobile phone arena to force the issue to forge a new standard. Just wait and see what happens when iOS starts to support NFC and wireless charging for another example of this sort of thing. Is a sad and unfortunate truth. Hoping that slow steady growth for WP can turn the tide.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Only if the printer was equipped with AirPrint. Once again, it's the printer - NOT the phone. I'm running out of ways to make that point as clear as I can.

I'm beginning to wonder why or even if he even has a windows phone. All he does is complain about it and say how great apple is.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The issue here is that from the typical end user point of view the iOS platform "just works". Since most printers now support the AirPrint protocol and consumers aren't generally aware this is a specific protocol limited to Apple products they just blame the platform that isn't allowing them to print. Microsoft just doesn't carry the 'weight' in the mobile phone arena to force the issue to forge a new standard. Just wait and see what happens when iOS starts to support NFC and wireless charging for another example of this sort of thing. Is a sad and unfortunate truth. Hoping that slow steady growth for WP can turn the tide.
This!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Crazy part of It is if I thought apple was so great I wouldn't have switched to Windows phone in the first place (but even if I did think apple was great unlike the way you act, Microsoft doesn't pay me so I can think both are great and be cool with that). I use apple as an example because my iPhone 4s was hands down an inferior product compared to my Lumia 1520 but as it was stated, from an end point of the user it feels like it just works out of the box. Clearly you're a hater so I know dissing people for a device must come natural to you. So hate on bro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs