Lumia 720 keeps on restarting during win phone 8.1 update

Arjun B Nair

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
i was updating my lumia 720 to win8.1 . After some time, (after almost all process over) phone rebooted itself again and again..:unhappysweat::unhappysweat:
Give me a soution please...:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

Raj Sahai

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I am facing the same issue. Read somewhere that try nokia recovery tool. Not sure if it will work. Update me as well if there is any findings

Raj Sahai

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
i was updating my lumia 720 to win8.1 . After some time, (after almost all process over) phone rebooted itself again and again..:unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

It took a lot of time to overcome my situation. After Win 8.1 update, my Lumia 720 was restarting again and again indefinitely. All I could see was a NOKIA logo which will come on and off. For initial one hour I thought it is some normal process in wake of the update. But it went on and on.

Lastly, I downloaded Nokia Software Recovery tool on my lappy. It was not an easy task either as the new version took almost 2 hours to download. After that I connected my phone to the lappy as per the instructions given on screen. The tool will then wipe out everything present on phone and start the OS download from zero. (Remove sim and sd card beforehand). It requires a lot of patience as the download speed I got was a max of 117 kbps and it kept varying between 50 - 117 kbps. After hours of wait, finally I was able to have my Lumia up and functioning with Win 8.1.

Also, in between tool will stop detecting your phone. Then you will have to disconnect and wait until the battery drains out (there was no other option). Once phone shuts down of its own, connect it again to the tool, in the process phone will take power from lappy and get restarted. The software download will then resume from where it left (thankfully!!).

Took almost 20 hours amid research and download and installation, but finally my phone is working.

Raj Sahai

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

It took a lot of time to overcome my situation. After Win 8.1 update, my Lumia 720 was restarting again and again indefinitely. All I could see was a NOKIA logo which will come on and off. For initial one hour I thought it is some normal process in wake of the update. But it went on and on.

Lastly, I downloaded Nokia Software Recovery tool on my lappy. It was not an easy task either as the new version took almost 2 hours to download. After than I connected my phone to the lappy as per the instructions given on screen. The tool will then wipe out everything present on phone and start the OS download from zero. It requires a lot of patience as the download speed I got was a max of 117 kbps and it kept varying between 50 - 117 kbps. After hours of wait, finally I was able to my Lumia up and functioning with Win 8.1.

Also, in between tool will stop detecting your phone. Then you will have to disconnect and wait until the battery drains out (there was no other option). Once phone shuts down of its own, connect it again to the tool, in the process phone will take power from lappy and get restarted.

Took almost 20 hours amid research and download and installation, but finally my phone is working.

In case you need to know anything else, contact on my gmail id raj.roaming

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre