Hey all,

So Samsung has a little known dock called a "productivity dock"

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Smart Dock Multimedia Hub for Galaxy Note II/ Galaxy S 4/ Galaxy S 4 Active/ Galaxy Mega: Cell Phones & Accessories

What it does is, when a phone is plugged in, it uses the single micro-usb connector on the device to project audio through the headphone jack in the back and video through the hdmi out. Basically, a samsung device plugged into this becomes functionally a desktop computer.

My question is whether we could see something like this with Windows Phone 8 in the near future. Plug in a device running Windows Phone in the dock, and you get a Windows experience (running RT of course, but enough to run, say, Office) on a monitor.

Please let me know, because this seems like a killer feature on Samsung's part which isn't well publicized and would love to see it on my Windows Phone.
    05-22-2014 02:23 PM
    Hey all,

So Samsung has a little known dock called a "productivity dock"

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Smart Dock Multimedia Hub for Galaxy Note II/ Galaxy S 4/ Galaxy S 4 Active/ Galaxy Mega: Cell Phones & Accessories

What it does is, when a phone is plugged in, it uses the single micro-usb connector on the device to project audio through the headphone jack in the back and video through the hdmi out. Basically, a samsung device plugged into this becomes functionally a desktop computer.

My question is whether we could see something like this with Windows Phone 8 in the near future. Plug in a device running Windows Phone in the dock, and you get a Windows experience (running RT of course, but enough to run, say, Office) on a monitor.

Please let me know, because this seems like a killer feature on Samsung's part which isn't well publicized and would love to see it on my Windows Phone.
    I think eventually they'll get there. Come Windows 9, Windows Phone and RT will be pretty much the same OS with the same kernel, just running on different sized screens. That's their vision. It can't be too far from that now. I remember the Motorola Atrix was one of the first phones that docked into a laptop accessory and turned into a full-blown laptop thingy.
    05-23-2014 05:21 AM