Apps Pending.... perplexed as to why

emling21

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I understand there are other people with this problem..... I have done factory resets a few times due to this error.... my phone works great, then I goto work and that's when it takes a crap and apps pend until I factory reset. so about me and the phone

I have the Nokia Icon with 8.1 dev. prev.
I live in Alaska which is verizon extended on LTE
I dunno if it's coming down to Extended 3G or if it's the wifi....

I get no error codes on any accounts.... I tried resetting my router... nothing seems to work here.... however I spend over half the week here so I need my phone to work, I am going to try and hard reset it and keep it on 8.0 and see if it will work, but it's getting very very annoying. being as I spend 96 hrs a week at work and cannot get new or update apps EVER AGAIN once I come to work. I've done the simple things like a soft reset, resetting the settings, removing all wireless accounts and readding them... having wifi off and downloading apps I KNOW can download over data....

emling21

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I factory reset my phone at home, and can download updates and new apps all the time, I get to work I cannot update/download anymore, they're stuck pending..... and after I go to work, no matter where I go in the US, I cannot update or download new apps.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. I can probably explain the first issue, but not the second one. Something similar used to happen to me on my Android. What it could be is that the network firewall at work blocks the connection to the Store, and hence you can't download. Ask others at work if they can connect to their respective phone stores (if you're lucky and have a WP at work, that would be great... but if you're like me, the only one, then oh well :) )

Now as to why it doesn't reconnect and resume download after you connect to a different network, I don't really know.

emling21

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I just had verizon send me a new phone, and I'm going to keep it at 8.0 instead of 8.1 dev prev. see if that may be the issue, knocking out hardware/software trial at the same time, I am doing a factory reset to 8.0 on my phone now, and if that works then great I will have a new phone on the original 8.0. If it doesnt work I will have a new phone to see if it's a hardware issue, if neither of these fixes the issue then I am just stuck with a phone that doesnt update apps. without a factory install being preformed first... really weird how it's at work my phone takes a crap.. I even tried replacing routers, unlocked/locked. crazy.. i've exhausted all my options that I can think of.

emling21

May 20, 2014
Visit site
will have the new phone tuesday... will definitely let you know, very different enviro. up here in alaska haha... very last to get the good cell service and internet..

emling21

May 20, 2014
Visit site
for being my first non-apple phone i'm pretty happy with it, except this one problem... if I can get it fixed/figured out, then I will be a loyal windows phone user..

Amrykid

Banned
Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Did you go into the store's settings and uncheck "Only get updates over Wi-Fi"? It may be a default option.
MJ8OT3Q.png

Otherwise, the updates may be too big to download over your cellular data connection. I know WP8 had a limit. I don't know if it still exists under 8.1 though.

EDIT:
Reread half of the thread. I'll leave this here just in case it helps someone else.

emling21

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Okay so both phones are working here, both are on 8.0! I've always had it on 8.1 when I had the problems so its definitely an 8.1 problem. My guess is because I'm roaming on Verizon, 8.1 dev prev is not carrier specific yet, that's causing the issue. So I will just have to wait for the official Verizon 8.1 to be released

HYDR0SH0K

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Glad to know I'm not the only person with this problem! I recently just moved back to Alaska from Missouri and my apps are all "Pending". Guess it has to do with roaming and extended network.

emling21

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Actually I fixed it by doing a factory reset and NOT recovering using a backup.. So pretty much I had to download all my apps again but it was the only solution that has officially worked. For me that is..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs