Weird issue while connecting to secure wifi

Faraz1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a lumia 920. I used to connect to my office's secure wifi network and it worked fine uptil I was on wp8. After upgrading it to wp8.1 dev preview my 920 connects to the wifi network alright but its doesn't allow me to use the internet. That is whenever I try to visit, say, wpcentral.com, the network asks for my credentials multiple times but at the end replies that your credentials cannot be verified.
I cannot use the store, or any other apps that require an internet connection.
Interestingly, whatsapp works just fine in this state and I keep receiving chat notifications. My office emails also syncs properly during this time.
This means that I do have connectivity over this wifi network, i just cant get it to work in IE, store or any other thing.
The network's EAP method is PEAP MS_CHAP v2.
We can assume that there has been no change in the network as all my colleagues still using wp8 can connect and use this network but the few of us with wp8.1 cant.
Any thoughts/suggestions?

Faraz1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
anyone facing this situation ?
i am sure i'm not the only one..

Edit :
I did a bit of digging myself. I downloaded the User Agent Switcher agent app. When running as android smartphone, the wifi worked fine. It worked good with iPhone agent too..But as soon as I switched over to Windows phone agent, started getting the authentication failed error again.
Seems like some weird thing with our new IE11 browser agent and company wifi network.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99