My First Xbox Video Purchase... Having Problems

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guy

I have just made my first purchase on Xbox video and I'm having some problems.

- I bought the movie with the "metro app" and downloaded it just fine. I can play the movie fine within the metro app.

- When I go to the Xbox Video app on my phone it recognises my purchase and allows me to stream the movie fine. I have now downloaded the movie to my phone (it says: Downloaded (available offline)), but when I press play it loads for a little while before saying: "The video failed to play. Retry" and a "Play" button, this just repeats.

- When I try and play the Movie with desktop Windows Media Player I get an error message: "Your media usage rights have become corrupted or are no longer valid. This might happen if you have replaced hardware components in your computer." (I did upgrade my PC at the start of the year).

- I have also uploaded the file to OneDrive and can stream it from OneDrive fine, but cannot download from OneDrive.

If anyone can help with any of these issue I would be grateful.

Thanks

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
There's probably a problem on their end. I was having this issue yesterday as well. Started watching Walking Dead on my phone, had to stop and when I came back to it, I was experiencing the same thing you were and it was playing just fine an hour before. None of my purchased content was playing on my phone, but was playable on my W8.1 tablet using the Video app.

Edit: Just tried it again, now, and it works. One difference I noticed is that when I launched the app just now, is that it said it was signing in again. Yesterday, when I was launching the app, it wasn't doing that. Maybe the app just needs to re-sign you in, but unfortunately, I don't know of a way to sign out to force it to sign you back in.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Were you watching via Stream or Download on your phone?

It may also be worth saying that in the Xbox Video app on my phone it says the file is downloaded, but in Storage Sense app I have noticed no increase in space used.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm chatting to Microsoft support about it now. Bit of a bummer since I was wanting to watch the movie on a flight, Might see if I can get a refund.

Where else is good to download movies?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa