Guys vote for this idea

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have posted the idea at windows phone user voice website as follow:
"Don't clear notification icon at the top bar when opening the action center, as long as there is notification in the action center the icon should keep showing at the top bar. Clear the icon only when all notifications cleared from the action center."

If you agree and want it to be real go and vote for it at this link:
Don't clear notification icon at the top bar – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
So now it stays at there if you read the notification but not swipe it? I haven't realized it, interesting.
No, now the icon disappear if you only open the action center even if you didn't click or swipe/clear all notifications.
I think it should be like this:
Notifications exist in the action center = Notification icon displayed at top
Zero notifications in the action center = No notification icon displayed at top

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you are right but if you opened action center it is supposed that you know what notifications are there, right? Why to show icon still?

It is better to appear when new notification came...

Sent from my RM-846_eu_russia_201 using Tapatalk

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you are right but if you opened action center it is supposed that you know what notifications are there, right? Why to show icon still?

It is better to appear when new notification came...

You are are right also but I think its more important to stay. Lets say you see you got whatsapp message and then you ignored it to reply next time you open your mobile and being able to reply, then to remember you need to see the notification icon, otherwise long time may pass before remembering or accidentally opening the action center and see the ignored notification. And this happen to me all the time.
Another better solution is to have notification icon for each app such like android.

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but we are going to be android "looklike".
+ There are live tiles of those apps showing you number of not read messages (or something) if you forgot which app notified you.

I was perfectly used on live tiles and such I dont need notification center - I indeed need only system shortcuts (some early leeks showed them in task manager screen and that was ok)

Cheers! :)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I'd rather have it how it is, so it comes back when I get a new notification. Otherwise, if you miss it, you wouldn't know.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
It's currently consistent with how live tiles work. If you open the app the notification clears until another notification happens. I like this system as I really only want to know if there are new notifications since I last checked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077