Heeeellpp! new to WP

broons77

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so thanks for reading first of all. I just got a Lumia Icon switching from long time android use. I am having major issues connecting to my work Exchange account. Takes literally 2 seconds on my android phone. Been trying over an hour on this phone. It just won't accept my settings. Any useful hints?

secondly, is there any way to fix the godawful screen on this phone? The ghosting is absolutely terrible and I'd be embarrassed if I were Nokia. The red pixels are just slooooooow and makes text look like garbage even when slow scrolling.

its only been 24 hours and I really want to love this OS and phone but so far the transition has been less than smooth.

broons77

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was a known problem with nokias oled screens. A google search turns up several results of Lumia oleds having slow refresh problems, especially the red pixels. Which is pretty much exactly what I notice.

broons77

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok, turning the color temp almost all the way to cool does eliminate a good part of the red pixel ghosting.

still no luck with exchange. Just set it up on my old Droid incredible in about 20 seconds. Very strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett