Used Android today for first time in years... Awful experience!

luismfarelo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Had to configure a new Android device for my mom today, I had forgotten how unintuitive and ugly Android was. Everything is complicated, you have only icons, which you can combine with ugly widgets, you have 5 screens (WHY?). Made me appreciate WP more, in spite of the app situation.

Has anyone ever felt like this?

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Had to configure a new Android device for my mom today, I had forgotten how unintuitive and ugly Android was. Everything is complicated, you have only icons, which you can combine with ugly widgets, you have 5 screens (WHY?). Made me appreciate WP more, in spite of the app situation.

Yes. I went back to my Android phone after my iPhone just to check out an app and was like... Wow, hire did I live with this?

I've been back to the iPhone and have not had that experience, I just prefer Windows Phone. Android is seriously shoddy design in pretty much every implementation and I do not understand everyone's hard-on for it.

Stock Android is much better than it used to be...HTC Sense is okay. But TouchWiz...ugh.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
TouchWiz is the most horrendous implementation of Android in existence, I doubt get why people love it so much.

Stock Android, while still not for me, isn't half bad. But TouchWiz... Ugh, makes me want to barf.

Hell, even a poll on Android Central a few weeks ago shows how the Android faithful hate TouchWiz.

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Personally I would choose wp over android anyday but I am an advanced user and like being able to change almost everything on android but i REALLY like wp live tiles. the main reason why i like android is because of apps like toucher pro and 'GO's sidebar app. Currently, I would say windows phone is the most unique smart phone os currently available but android still is the coolest. The windows dev team should make it more like this concept https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJRGexODxX0 or this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVC4BKWaP8.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
True about the Touchwiz... but the Motoblur UI was even worst, you had to create some account to access the phone, laggy and slow like hell. The TouchWiz is like a japanese bullet train VS the abomination of the Motoblur... glad Motorola killed it.

Gustavo Pereira

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Like everything in life, is a matter of habit. When I had an Android, I thought the WP live tiles were horrible. But still i give it a try, got used to the OS and started to really, really like the tiles and its simplicity. Nowadays i get really bored with live tiles and want to go back to Android icons, which in my opinion are much more intuitive and simple.

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
someone told "Android is going to be like PCs, PC's features on the phone".
who wants PC on his/her phone? It will be AWFUL EXPRNC.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. No consistent design language, just feels clumsy. And it is hideous.

At least in my opinion :p

Jangir Amit

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
near future , Windows phone OS are one and only quality competitor for iPhone and quantity competitor for Android. Most quality official apps land on Windows phone and there are many people searching for fresh option.

RZR666

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

You do realise you can customise it how you want? Theres a lot of good launchers for Free.

Don't want widgets? Remove them. Don't want multiple screens? Remove them. Want a UI like Metro or iOS? Download the themes.

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got an iPhone 6 after 4 years of windows phone and the apps are great (of course) but what I'm surprised about is that I'm getting regular notifications from different apps giving me information, just like live tiles do. Plus the the fluidity of IOS makes this a major upgrade to my windows phone experience.

Android is ok for apps but I don't understand it. No fluidity whatsoever but my wife loves it.

Nahuel 1988

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to WP (Lumia 930). I was previously using an HTC M7. I really don't see how bad or complicated it was... Sense 6 was super easy and convenient to use. I just got a Lumia out of a sudden deal and I am in love with it. But being a longtime Android user (HTC Magic days) it was a bit hard to adapt.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
As for UI and UX, Windows is the best. It's the only reason I bought a Lumia. It was neither Nokia nor Microsoft but the OS itself. The UI was all designed so beautifully, that I couldn't help but buy a 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99