Which Windows Phone

MetalDevilTV

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello there, I have been waiting and lurking these forums for about two weeks, I corrently own a LG optimus L9, an android device and I hate it, low battery life, have to charge it or it dies before I even get home from school, so battery life is ~8 hours, I have been looking at the 920 and 1320 for a while now and I want to buy one of them, I can get the 1320 for 264? and 920 for 200?, I need a phone that doesn't lag but has a good enough battery life to get through a day or two, I don't play a lot of games but I do browse the internet on my phone a lot, which makes my current phone glow red from the heat the CPU makes, I'm a redditor so I need a phone that can load simple forum pages and images quickly, I know that the phones have same processors only that the 1320 is clocked at 0.2ghz more, not sure if that makes a big difference, but I don't want a phone that will break if it falls, one good thing about my current phone is that it fell three times in the year and a half that I've owned it and it didn't break, I'm not clumsy with phones but 6" is big for my hand, currently on a 4.5" device, it fits my hand well, 5" would probably still be good but I'm afraid to drop the 6" one if I hold it with one hand. So please, which Windows phone should I go for, I really need your help, heck if you have any better suggestion than 1320 or 920 I'm all for it, big thanks.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey welcome to WPCentral forums :)
I have a lumia 920 and battery life is so so (average ) but I have used lumia 1320 and battery life is excellent. If camera is not an issue go for either lumia 1320 or lumia 720. Lumia 720 has 512MB ram which does not support some apps and high end games at moment. But battery life on 720 is somewhat I want on my lumia 920. Why not check out these phones in nearest outlet/store :wink:

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Right now don't purchase any windows phone if you use whatsapp regularly cause whatsapp has been removed from the stores. So wait till they don't publish it back on stores.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
You get what you pay for......

If you want great battery, you must compromise on screen, games and apps (example Lumia 720)

If you want great screen and camera , you must compromise battery life (example 920)

Go for a current flagship phone if you want best of everything (wait and save more money)

If you are OK with compromises, check for your priorities (like which aspect is more important)

1320 has a terrible screen considering it's a 6 inch phone with 720p display....
(920 isnt that big, so more ppi)

I would suggest 920 because it has decent screen, camera and overall package....

Battery life, get a case like this :

http://m.windowscentral.com/mugen-power-battery-case-lumia-920-review

Sent from my GT-I9500 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

MetalDevilTV

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Right now don't purchase any windows phone if you use whatsapp regularly cause whatsapp has been removed from the stores. So wait till they don't publish it back on stores.
I don't use Facebook or Whatsapp, I use Twitter and reddit, that's about it.

Edit: actually don't even use twitter that much, I use it like once a month, not big into social media at all

MetalDevilTV

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind the camera, but I do care about the screen, looking at the 920 forums all I see is people complaining about battery life, but I do want more power than the 720, is there any other good windows phone or do I need to wait for the 1520's price to go down?

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind the camera, but I do care about the screen, looking at the 920 forums all I see is people complaining about battery life, but I do want more power than the 720, is there any other good windows phone or do I need to wait for the 1520's price to go down?

Why not get a battery case ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MetalDevilTV

May 15, 2014
Visit site
It seems huge, I mean.. I charge my phone once I get home so all I need is 8 hours of it, since my current phone can BARELY make it, when I get home I could just throw it on the wireless charger, which sounds amazing, wireless charging is something that I miss on my current phone, so will a 920 make is 8 hours easily? A battery case isn't really that badly needed for what I use it for, maybe when we go to the beach in the summer I'd buy it for that but currently all I need is a sturdy phone, and right now you got me hooked to the thought of having a 920, though will it be able to upgrade to Win 8.1 and have all the cool features like Cortana?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You should go for lumia 1320. It has excellent battery life , opt for wireless charging via shell , great 720p HD display , 1GB ram and snapdragon 400 dual core processor.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The 1320 I believe had a built in Qi charging, all you would need is the charger

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems huge, I mean.. I charge my phone once I get home so all I need is 8 hours of it, since my current phone can BARELY make it, when I get home I could just throw it on the wireless charger, which sounds amazing, wireless charging is something that I miss on my current phone, so will a 920 make is 8 hours easily?

Well , I didn't know that you would feel that way.

Only reason I suggested the case is because you seem ok to carry a huge phone like 1320

Lumia 920 can be carried normally without a case (and the case can be used only when needed , it's completely optional and most probably it's going to be used only when battery is low)

You have to carry 1320 everywhere and you can't reduce size of it.Taking photos with that thing is also bit difficult IMO.

If you play lot of graphic intensive games and apps , 8GB on 1320 is insufficient.....
920 has 32GB internal storage which can allow you install apps or games or store anything.
On SD-card , you can only store media.

920 has built in wireless charging capability.

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well , I didn't know that you would feel that way.

Only reason I suggested the case is because you seem ok to carry a huge phone like 1320

Lumia 920 can be carried normally without a case (and the case can be used only when needed , it's completely optional and most probably it's going to be used only when battery is low)

You have to carry 1320 everywhere and you can't reduce size of it.Taking photos with that thing is also bit difficult IMO.

If you play lot of graphic intensive games and apps , 8GB on 1320 is insufficient.....
920 has 32GB internal storage which can allow you install apps or games or store anything.
On SD-card , you can only store media.

920 has built in wireless charging capability.

8GB is OK for lumia 1320. With windows phone 8.1 one can move apps on SD card

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
8GB is OK for lumia 1320. With windows phone 8.1 one can move apps on SD card

Could you please explain how this actually works or link an article ?

(Android Samsung phones also have option to move to SD-card but whole app doesn't move, only less part)

Last edited:

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link but that article said not a thing regarding cache and how much of total storage is freed up etc.

Any article or source which compares sizes before and after moving to sd card ? (More like real world comparison)

MetalDevilTV

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Well tbh storage isn't a problem, on my lg with 2gb internal storage and I haven't once filled it up, I honestly use my phone for browsing the internet and watching videos, I am unsure but leaning towards 1320, I mean a bigger screen could be awesome for watching videos, but than again it has lower ppi, not sure how bad it looks with hands on experience, but the 920 looks way more premiu and like a sturdy old school nokia device, I saw the 920 destruction video, hoe that isn't fake because it seems amazing, but as I've read, people seem to have battery issues using facebook and whatsapp, for what I honestly don't care about, I haven't used my facebook in two years, I'm not sureif I want to compensate sturdyness and wireless charging which I really want from a phone, and a decent camera for a bigger screen and battery life, well darn, does anyone else have anything good to say about either phone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs