Survey: are you satisfied with WP8.1 so far, or is it not what you expected?

oseansaditya

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for sharing here..

So far, what features you really wanted on windows phone 8.1??

I think they should makes another progression and main feature that we can use only on windows phone OS (especially WP 8.1)

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I think it feels complete on the built in feature part. Now just needs a bit of refinement. Wonder what they got planned for wp9.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Huge improvement, but little things like the horrendous music app (still after 2 updates), a backup that never completes make me wonder if we will be beta testing 8.1 for months after its official release.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been onboard since 2011 when I started with my Trophy, came from an OG Droid. Have the DP on a Lumia 520, use a Lumia 928 as my main phone.

Glad I kept the 928 on WP8. Absolutely hate a lot of the UI/UX changes, they kill it for me. WP8.1 feels like a second rate Android clone at this point to me. Will probably switch to iPhone for the first time in the fall. :/

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was fine with 8.0, and 8.1 is great.
I love it.

My only problem is battery life. When I first got my 920 on Amber/GDR2, it would be around 30~50% IIRC when I got home. Now it's ~40-10% ish.
still relatively content.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Im kind of torn with it. I like alot of the new features, but it also feels like some things got broke in the process. My biggest peeve is the atrocity that is Xbox Music. My phone is my sole device that I listen to music on, so you can imagine my frustration with the 5 steps back that it seems to have taken. Im also pissed that when I try to share a link, that it literally just shares a link and not a description as it did on 8.0. I no longer share anything to facebook because of this and it really irks me.

I do love the new start screen with 3 standard tiles wide and the transparent tiles. Sure its mostly cosmetic, but it sure spruces things up. I also enjoy the notification center more than I thought I would.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Huge improvement, but little things like the horrendous music app (still after 2 updates), a backup that never completes make me wonder if we will be beta testing 8.1 for months after its official release.

There was a 3rd update yesterday for Xbox music. Its getting a little better with each update, but still a bit too slow on fixing things. Not sure why the live tile isn't fixed yet. The hubs tile was my favorite tile since 7.5 and it sucks not having it.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Xbox music was never my primary music app, so I never invested much energy in opinion of it. I will agree about features needing to added that made it unique like the active tile showing the music being played. I personally think WP should somehow link Zune to Xbox music. On a bigger scale, I would gladly take the issues with Xbox music with the other enhancements like Action center and cortana. The start screen looks amazing with the transparent tiles. I love IE11 and how you can modify the reading mode. Video editing, and the lists go on and on.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
There was a 3rd update yesterday for Xbox music. Its getting a little better with each update, but still a bit too slow on fixing things. Not sure why the live tile isn't fixed yet. The hubs tile was my favorite tile since 7.5 and it sucks not having it.

I know, I was talking about the update from yesterday. It still stinks.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
8.1 is fine...no problems here.
I was good with 8.0 also.

People keep wanting more and more unnecessary OS bolt ons so we can say "see WP is just like the other 2"
I'm afraid much more will just turn WP into a Ferrari with a phony plastic hood scoop that slows it down.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought my first WP 8 months ago and I love the 8.1 update. Is still in beta. But WP just keeps getting better and better. I ❤ it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm indifferent. The stuff that works, works well - notification center (of which I really like the settings shortcuts most), new background...but the stuff that's ****ty is still ****ty - Xbox Music app. I'm hopeful it will become more refined - I won't use my Z Ultra as a daily driver unless MSFT does something completely boneheaded to the Nth degree. Still, i like the overall direction MSFT is headed in, so I'll ride it out. Can I get back to you in a year's time? 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos