Windows Phone Challenge

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Remember the Windows Phone 8 Challenges?
I was thinking about them last days, and thought myself...what did Microsoft do with them on 8.1? I mean, they lost their concept. Since there is not anymore facebook integration those challenges became non-sense. Those 31 videos on youtube lost their purpose these days. Take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTOZPHEKKAo&list=PLE0328D93355727B7&feature=player_detailpage . We are not anymore able to do this! I have only one simple question. Why?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, does anyone really care? Its Facebook. Seems to me as long as it loads up, their happy. That was some straight up marketing anyway. It made the point back then that an integrated Facebook was superior to having a separate app. It still is superior...just not important anymore.

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty new to WP, but so far, I lean towards it being faster. I think the issue is that too many people (at least in America) are too used to the Android or iOS method of doing things. That is, in some cases, the way they grew up doing it. WP is faster for a lot of those things still, but I think it is an issue of people not caring. I know people using an iPhone 4 still. I try to explain about the improvements of iOS 7, the advantage of LTE, and the concept of carrier subsidy, etc, but they still don't upgrade. Its not a cost thing regarding the new phone, they really just don't care about the time saving and advantages, as the iPhone 4 still works. I think the general public just are not interested in upgrades and change. If they can't be bothered with getting the upgrade every 2 years with the OS they like, how can we get them to go through the perceived effort of a new OS?

Over all, I think it is a culture thing, and faster is not relevant to people these days it seems.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Remember the Windows Phone 8 Challenges?
I was thinking about them last days, and thought myself...what did Microsoft do with them on 8.1? I mean, they lost their concept. Since there is not anymore facebook integration those challenges became non-sense. Those 31 videos on youtube lost their purpose these days. Take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTOZPHEKKAo&list=PLE0328D93355727B7&feature=player_detailpage . We are not anymore able to do this! I have only one simple question. Why?

Seriously, does anyone really care? Its Facebook. Seems to me as long as it loads up, their happy. That was some straight up marketing anyway. It made the point back then that an integrated Facebook was superior to having a separate app. It still is superior...just not important anymore.
I don't care, but you can't question whether MS cared. They chose to make it the subject of their marketing campaign. I suspect that's because they determined that a lot of customers did care. So the OP makes a very good point and asks a very good question. If MS thought it was important and it wasn't how many other things did they waste time and money on? And if it is important, customers definitely deserve an explanation for why it went away.

mrcraggle

May 31, 2012
Visit site
You can still do this in concept it's just that the app just ******* sucks. It's just too slow. I get error messages all the time too. I'll get a notification, go to check it and the app will simply throw up that it can't get the information with a red banner so I need to exit the app and go back into FB, click notifications then click whatever it was. This all takes what feels like forever to load too. If you're someone that's super into FB, WP gives the worst experience.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
You can still do this in concept it's just that the app just ******* sucks. It's just too slow. I get error messages all the time too. I'll get a notification, go to check it and the app will simply throw up that it can't get the information with a red banner so I need to exit the app and go back into FB, click notifications then click whatever it was. This all takes what feels like forever to load too. If you're someone that's super into FB, WP gives the worst experience.

I don't know why Microsoft did this, now they are forcing us to use that lame Facebook app to post our status updates etc. I don't like the fact that we now cannot even respond to some event through your calendar, everytime we try to do it through calendar it opens Facebook app. We can't do anything without that Facebook app. Fact is that the millions of people use Facebook as their primary source of information (to know some details about birthdays, events, holidays etc.). I'm not Facebookholic, but I think it was way better in WP 8. That campaign Microsoft made now doesn't make any sense for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss