Why Isn't Windows Phone Doing Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Because they are too expensive. The only phones that sell are the cheap models. The flagship phones need to be free under contract from day one or $200 max off contract to get people to buy them in significant numbers and that will never happen with greedy Microsoft, so here we sit.

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
It's because MS can't/won't fix the goddamn 'other' storage problem, with cache building up on the phone and eating up space... like what the hell... once they finally take responsibility and address this issue we go from 5% market to 50% on the spot =\

It's fixed on 8.1.

for realz?? zero 'other' storage for everyone with no problems and it just deleted itself?
I can't wait for the Cyan update...
50% market share soon ;/

BTW Look at the console market, MS entered late to this market because it wanted a piece of the pie, back then 2 big popular names - nintendo and sony (playstation) and now the Xbox is just as popular

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
for realz?? zero 'other' storage for everyone with no problems and it just deleted itself?
I can't wait for the Cyan update...
50% market share soon ;/

BTW Look at the console market, MS entered late to this market because it wanted a piece of the pie, back then 2 big popular names - nintendo and sony (playstation) and now the Xbox is just as popular
You can use an sd card to store all your apps. Other storage disappears when you delete apps and games. Don't wait for cyan, just get the dev preview. Swiping to type is awesome by the way.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
To be fair Microsoft was out before apple with windows mobile up to 6, what kicked apple off was the app store, but actually microsoft had market place out before that even the trouble is only business users had o use these device they were buggy, the phones were app on pda device so not great, i phone merged it together and produced the first major smartphone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
To be fair Microsoft was out before apple with windows mobile up to 6, what kicked apple off was the app store, but actually microsoft had market place out before that even the trouble is only business users had o use these device they were buggy, the phones were app on pda device so not great, i phone merged it together and produced the first major smartphone.

App store wasn't out when iPhone was released. No MMS, no cut-n-paste and only had EDGE. What it DID have was the first capacitive screen and a large, for its day, 3-1/2" display. Steve Jobs pulled a 50 pound rabbit out of his a** to convince people that those shortcomings were enough to justify not having to use a stylus - which were sooooo uncool.

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So the 'other' storage is fixed only if you have an SD card supported device with the apps games saved on the card? Then it's not fixed :eck: (using 1020)

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Because they are too expensive. The only phones that sell are the cheap models. The flagship phones need to be free under contract from day one or $200 max off contract to get people to buy them in significant numbers and that will never happen with greedy Microsoft, so here we sit.

Why sell a phone and lose money on it?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So the 'other' storage is fixed only if you have an SD card supported device with the apps games saved on the card? Then it's not fixed :eck: (using 1020)
In a way, yes. Please don't forget that games are 4 times their downloaded size on WP. And save data takes space too.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Why sell a phone and lose money on it?

To attempt to gain market share. Windows phone is no better than iphone or android and may well be an inferior product in many ways. Selling it cheaper is the only sure way to gain ground. Or, just a thought, buy 2 xbox games and get a 520/521 for free.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Btw
1. Microsoft don't advertise properly. Should let manufacturers do it instead. Nokia does great ads.
2. They are playing catch up but they don't update quickly enough. Still no Mobile data toggle. Still cannot use a colour picker to set the accent colour or theme colour
3. They focus on the US even though the sales are low their. Like WTF Europe and India ate buying your phones but you're not investing in them.
4. Carrier Exclusivity in the US. The OS has low market share and it will stay low if not everyone in the US has a choice to pick the phone they want in the carrier of their choice.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Lack of Marketing

Lack of New and Popular Apps

Lack of incentives for new Devs

Lack of carrier support

Lack of cross carrier devices (exclusives suck)

Lack of features (8.1 ain't out yet OTA)

Lack of Microsoft caring (their own apps come to other platforms first before their own)

d7walker

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I am shopping around to replace my BB and was in Future Shop and there were no Windows Phones on display either. My carrier's store had a 1020 but nothing else. Are the carriers part of the problem??

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Things like whatsapp missing from the store makes me feel like I made a huge mistake in getting my mom a Windows phone instead of android

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Things like whatsapp missing from the store makes me feel like I made a huge mistake in getting my mom a Windows phone instead of android

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Whatsapp got pulled because of a bug that drains the battery on WP devices, that was the responsible thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa