Notifications & actions centre not not allowing 3rd party apps. :s urgent

shamrock1988

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

I've just updated my girlfriends lumia 620 to 8.1 on the dev preview.

All seemed fine until I noticed she wasn't getting notifications from anything other than the stock features.

I went into the notifications + actions setting page and there is no sign of any of the apps installed that should be there like viber, Facebook, 6snap,etc. I only have Phone, Messaging Email and Store in there.

I've restarted the phone, reinstalled apps, checked all notification settings within the apps themselves. Nothing has worked.

This is a major issue and I'm sorry if this has been asked before on the forum but if I don't get this fixed before she wakes up then windows phone will have lost a customer to android.

This is disappointing as all updated ok on my 920

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

I've just updated my girlfriends lumia 620 to 8.1 on the dev preview.

All seemed fine until I noticed she wasn't getting notifications from anything other than the stock features.

I went into the notifications + actions setting page and there is no sign of any of the apps installed that should be there like viber, Facebook, 6snap,etc. I only have Phone, Messaging Email and Store in there.

I've restarted the phone, reinstalled apps, checked all notification settings within the apps themselves. Nothing has worked.

This is a major issue and I'm sorry if this has been asked before on the forum but if I don't get this fixed before she wakes up then windows phone will have lost a customer to android.

This is disappointing as all updated ok on my 920
Lol she's not even logged in the apps is she?

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
When your 3rd party apps received notification, it will be listed in action center setting. Try tag her in Facebook, message her using viber etc.

shamrock1988

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
She is. I spent ages getting the phone set up just right for her.

Getting everything installed and logged in and now no notifications are working. It's really starting to annoy me

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Also check battery usage app and make sure the apps she wants notifications for are allowed to work in the background. Check the settings under battery saver for the phone to, to make sure those things aren't blocked by being set to the lowest battery usage setting. Also, unlikely but who knows, make sure if car mode is set up that its not on and linked to a home Bluetooth device. If it is it will block all notifications thinking she is driving with that mode intentionally on. Hope this helps.

shamrock1988

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Also check battery usage app and make sure the apps she wants notifications for are allowed to work in the background. Check the settings under battery saver for the phone to, to make sure those things aren't blocked by being set to the lowest battery usage setting. Also, unlikely but who knows, make sure if car mode is set up that its not on and linked to a home Bluetooth device. If it is it will block all notifications thinking she is driving with that mode intentionally on. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Good idea but unfortunately didn't help.

The apps are listed there and are supposed to be running in the background but so nothing.

Major issue here

Trench Mouth

Banned
Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
May have to hard reset. It won't be bad. The is OS will put everything where it was, even set up home screen and backgrounds. Then log back into everything and I hope that cures it for you. Easiest, and most successful option. You seem to know what you are doing along with other suggestions posted here, I can't think of anything else.

shamrock1988

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
May have to hard reset. It won't be bad. The is OS will put everything where it was, even set up home screen and backgrounds. Then log back into everything and I hope that cures it for you. Easiest, and most successful option. You seem to know what you are doing along with other suggestions posted here, I can't think of anything else.

Thanks. Yeah hard restart helped. Still a very strange problem. Notifications are still very poor on Windows Phone altogether

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99