Lumia1020 Win8.1 Preview Photo Bug

Rob Mulally

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I open a photo, recrop in Nokia Camera App, and when I hit save the image is deleted.
This happened twice now.

Makes me terrified to edit pictures now. First time i've lost photo's on Windows Phone Platform (usually they are recoverable via the USB plugged into PC, this time.. they are gone.)

Any advice on how to recover would be apreciated (Not likely I know :( )

Thanks
Rob

Rob Mulally

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This just happened again :(

The steps to replicate are not steps I would take (But I can imagine they might have a similar underlying cause)
This is horrible, the images I was re framing were the best of images I took last night a public insta Meet, i'm trying to help promote the phone :( :(

I feel a little bit sick.. I've never lost images before. So there is no method for filesystem/recovery?

I also don't get an error something went wrong or anything similar just looks like it saves normally no switching between apps while reframing etc.

I'm terrified to edit anything on my phone now before getting home and doing a full backup.

Thanks for advice anyone got any tools that can potentially recover files from a Windows 8 Phone?

Thanks
Rob

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This just happened again :(

The steps to replicate are not steps I would take (But I can imagine they might have a similar underlying cause)
This is horrible, the images I was re framing were the best of images I took last night a public insta Meet, i'm trying to help promote the phone :( :(

I feel a little bit sick.. I've never lost images before. So there is no method for filesystem/recovery?

I also don't get an error something went wrong or anything similar just looks like it saves normally no switching between apps while reframing etc.

I'm terrified to edit anything on my phone now before getting home and doing a full backup.

Thanks for advice anyone got any tools that can potentially recover files from a Windows 8 Phone?

Thanks
Rob

Hey Rob if you have OneDrive backup enabled , chances are your images are automatically in cloud.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Isn't update 8.1 Cyan? if so its happening in the Dev Preview of 8.1

Rob

Nope , Windows Phone 8.1 is a OS update from Microsoft where as Lumia cyan update(you have Lumia black update as of now on your Lumia 1020) is a firmware update from Nokia which is only available on Lumia 630/635 and 930 at moment. It will be available this summer :)

Rob Mulally

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I only backup via WiFi as I shoot in high resolution.

This image was re-frammed while I was still out shooting. i often do that and favorite them as part of workflow before I arrive home to post to Instagram/G+/Tumbler etc.

Is this bug in the reframing application or in the Phone Firmware? How Can i find out? I need to be able to continue using the phone with confidence.

I also want to warn some of the Instagram Lumia1020 community who might be impacted by this so they can avoid both the low res and high resolution images being Deleted by symply wanting to crop and straighten an image using the Nokia software.

Thanks
Rob

Rob Mulally

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for that information.

So its a confirmed bug in the Firmware? Anything I can do to avoid the issue other than backing up all images before re-framing them?

Thanks
Rob

Rob Mulally

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure or I am not the right guy here because I don't have a Lumia 1020 but I am aware of this bug :/

Ok thanks I'll try contact Nokia/Windows Support Directly. Im stuck if I can't use this app without it randomly deleting my photo's, If i knew a workaround thats ok , but I've lost 3 images right now to a Bug. and I'm a bit emotional about that right now.

Thanks for your help so far. At least I know it wasn't me doing something wrong. but a bug that = files being deleted on a camera phone that's its number 1 selling point should be an emergency fix. I'll do some more research, so far i've tweeted warning others but I want to be able to provide more information.

Thanks
Rob

Rob Mulally

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey please read this article Is Nokia Camera deleting some of your precious photos when reframing? | Windows Phone Central
Try to update nokia camera from windows phone store. Hopefully this issue will be resolved by nokia firmware update (cyan update )

Do you have any refrence from Nokia that this is listed as a bug? Spent 1 hour on the phone to nokia support who said it was not a known issue.

Do you have an official source to say it is a confirmed bug? any online resource?

The asked me to use the recovery software to reset my phone to factory defaults.

Thanks again
Rob

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any refrence from Nokia that this is listed as a bug? Spent 1 hour on the phone to nokia support who said it was not a known issue.

Do you have an official source to say it is a confirmed bug? any online resource?

The asked me to use the recovery software to reset my phone to factory defaults.

Thanks again
Rob

I don't have much details about this but you can try a hard reset from nokia recovery tool. This should solve most of the issues. If you look ate the pool in the article , many people are annoyed with this bug :/

hairychad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the "Something Went Wrong" bug on an incredibly bug ridden 1020 handset which Nokia eventually replaced and I only got the error when I locked the phone while reframing... This was very shortly before the AMBER Firmware came out as the replacement handset was unbranded on the previous was Vodafone.

This error looks to me to be an issue with the new app that is updated with the Cyan firmware code changes.. It's happened a couple of times for me and it does hurt especially on holiday.

I doubt it's firmware but if they're reintroduced a fault then it's quite a fail.

Another feature i'm seeing is when you reframe (zoom maybe) the picture it won't always reflect the change.

I've had one instance where the lost pic was still showing in the photo gallery but was not accessable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss