Hi,

I'm running a Nokia Lumia 625 with WP 8 Nokia Black Update. So far, loving the phone especially the Here Drive app, fantastic maps and offline mode. But Skype is a BIG issue on my phone. Let me explain.

Earlier today my wife told me she tried to reach me over skype like a dozen times, I was at work with a perfect and reliable H+ signal, yet I recieved NO NOTIFICATION, not the messages she left and of course no phone ringing when she called.

So tonight I decided to perform some tests. I logged on my wifes account on my computer and called to myself with distinct configurations:
    -phone conected over Wifi to my broadband connection OR phone connected with a strong H+ signal
    -Skype App onscreen OR on the background OR closed

The result is just unacceptable

With the phone over wifi around 50% calls made it, worked alot better with skype app onscreen
    And here comes the failure, 1 call over 23 tries actually made it to my phone over data connection (and YES I have a data plan of course)

I tried rebooting my phone, tried uninstalling Skype... no luck

Do you happen to have any solution to make it work? Because it's pointed as a killer feature in every single review over the internet, point is, ITS NOT WORKING like advertised

How do we have such a poor Skype experience on WP8? Didn't Microsoft buy Skype like 3 years ago?

Thanks for your help!
    05-27-2014 03:29 PM
    A Skype call does take some time to come in - it's not instant like a regular call (unless Skype app is open). It might take 10 or 20 seconds. What happens on the caller end - does it ring forever, go to voicemail (after how long?), or what?
    05-28-2014 02:02 AM
    Go to your Background Task menu and check if Skype is allowed to run in the Background. My Brother had the same Problem, until he activated it in the Background. Hope that helps.

Leonard Klint,
    Founder and Editor @ The Windows Phone Hub: Ultimative WINDOWS PHONE NEWS. APPS, REVIEWS
    05-28-2014 03:51 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for your concern. I did set Skype to run in the background and even forced it to run even on battery saver mode.
    As for the Skype it's actually failing, my Skype client on the computer start dialing, I hear no sound and after like 2 min the call fails. The rare tries the call went through Skype started dialing and after aprox 15 sec like you said started ringing on both ends.

It's really annoying and I'm sure this is because of the phone or app because Skype on my computer runs like a charm and calls to other clients and other mobile OSes are working perfect!
    05-28-2014 12:40 PM
    Anyone, I can't beleive I'm the only one experiencing that kind of poor Skype performance. The app is labeled to receive calls even when in background, when signal strenght is good can't we expect 100% calls correctly routed to the phone?
    05-31-2014 09:59 AM
    I have the exact same problem. Even on Wi-Fi I cannot recieve Skype calls, neither do I have any notifications whatsoever? Skype is allowed in the backround ever with battery saver mode...
    05-31-2014 10:11 AM
    Gunmoulier you are not alone, most likely you have time to complain ;) I have the same problems over both WiFi and data connection!
    06-01-2014 11:02 AM