Back/Windows/Bing button lights not lighting up on my L1520

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know why they are going out? Since I updated to 8.1 I've noticed these lights not lighting up occasionaly. One thing I thought of though is maybe with 8.1 they have those lights go off when you have the battery saver feature activated? If anyone has had this issue or knows anything about it please let me know. Thanks!

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have this problem with my HTC 8X as it works some of the time and other times it doesn't, I don't know all the mumbojumbo of how firmware/operating system work with each other but my guess is that the firmware needs to be updated to work better with the 8.1 update since the carriers haven't released the official update. Not sure if it's because of battery saver as I don't use it a whole lot.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought of though is maybe with 8.1 they have those lights go off when you have the battery saver feature activated?

Not sure if it's because of battery saver

Nothing has changed regarding the button lights in 8.1. It works in exactly the same way they did in 8.0.
If battery saver is on, lights are off. Simple as that.
I highly doubt any firmware will change/fix anything unless something is actually broken with your particular phone model (ie. battery saver off and the lights dont work)

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Nothing has changed regarding the button lights in 8.1. It works in exactly the same way they did in 8.0.
If battery saver is on, lights are off. Simple as that.
It must not be that simple...
I have Battery Saver on and my capacitive buttons still light up (when I touch them).
I never had Battery Saver on, in the past.
I turned it on, because people kept saying that it would keep those lights from coming on.
I'm on a Samsung Ativ Odyssey.
JJ

vipulasrilanka

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
In my case, after switching on the battery saver mode the key lights never came up. Even after disabling power saver mode the problem remained. This is on Nokia Lumia 1520. This happened before the 8.1 update.

woodscroll

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
use nokia software recovery tool and re install the firmware again. I too had the same problem. After flashing the phone this issue has resolved.

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, this issue is related to Device Hub. Yes, weird but true exactly!

So, -the only one- solution is:

1) Reset your phone (required)
2) When resetting is completed, complete your installation steps
3) When the phone is ready to use, quickly go to Settings > Date+Time
4) Set the year like 2150 or more
5) Go to Settings, tap the Device Hub
6) Uninstall it
7) Set the date as auto again

Problem will be solved.

Never open Device Hub even once! Uninstall it and don't install again.

p.s. If you open Device Hub even once, battery saver crashes and your issue comes over again. Then you must reset your phone to solve it.
If you open Device Hub once, uninstalling it will not solve this issue. You will have to reset your phones...

daiwai

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Same with me. BTW I lost predictive text...the local Nokia shop "engineer" wanted to reinstall Windows (wiping everything) but when I looked at the languages settings there was an error message saying update corrupted so updated the language and problem solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea