Anybody want a windows 8 psx emulator metro app?

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody want one? I am available now for the emulator project. After this one is finished, I'll be available for N64.

So I am starting to work on the project now. I am hoping more people coming here to support me. I am at the moment working on another windows 8 project so I am not totally available for it. So don't expect the emulator will become available for 1 or 2 weeks. I will let you know once I have some progress on it.

Hi guys, most of the video part has been completed. I still need to modify it for connection with front end and core when both are ready. I am transferring to the sound part. Hopefully I can get it working within a week so I can catch my schedule to do the front end. Will let you know when I am done.

Update: I have completed the audio part. I am now working on the front end and plugins integration. I need to use xaudio2 for audio and directx11 for video.

Last edited:

JPenuchot

May 31, 2014
Visit site
re:

I just created an account to tell you that I'd offer you a beer (i.e. : donate) if you did so. I've been waiting for such emulators so long...

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
re:

I am full time working on another windows 8 project last month so did little work on psx. Good news is I'm back full time working on the the psx project now. I have already completed the core part last month. The video part still needs time to be done. I guess it may need a week to get a working video engine. After the video, I will do the sound and front-end. Hopefully I can get a beta version within 3 weeks. I have many emulator video options in my todo list, such as image scaling and xbox 360 controller support. The emulator will support the xbox 360 controller in the beta version. For other options, I will add them in future update.

mobwi

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
re:

Thanks for your advice. Will do it after I complete the windows 8 version. Actually I started the project with a windows universal app project, but each platform has different UI files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte