Xbox Music Hub Volume Slider

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I cant see myself using that....I can see myself going to hit the replay button and accidentally pressing too low and making my earphones go to 100% and then my ears explode.

Terrible idea imho.
​Sorry.

Edit: Also you posted the suggestion in the wrong place! It's meant to go in the xbox music uservoice not the windows phone one.

Last edited:

Mostafa Saleh

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I talk about the idea the design will be different to make it easy to use

and the main thing is controlling your Xbox music hub all with touch no physical button

this option can be found in iPhone and Android , I don't talk about invention

and don't worry about the place to post worry about the idea :smile:

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The physical volume controls are ALWAYS easier for me than any onscreen control could be. 99.9% of the time when I'm listening to music, I'm not looking at the screen - in fact, the screen's generally off by the time the second or third song starts. The only times I'd use this control would be accidents.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I talk about the idea the design will be different to make it easy to use

and the main thing is controlling your Xbox music hub all with touch no physical button

this option can be found in iPhone and Android , I don't talk about invention

and don't worry about the place to post worry about the idea :smile:

You've implemented it Metro-like, but I don't think we need extra clutter in the interface. Actually, it is too full now already. I am happy that the now playing page is now implemented is in the overview, one sub sub sub page less. By adding another element, it becomes so full here.

And why would WP have to follow Android and iOS? There's a reason why we don't use those! As for "all touch" - could be an argument, but when the screen is off you'd be using the physical buttons anyway.

Mostafa Saleh

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
The main volume keys will still doing the same job but what I talk about is using this keys for long time may be case some damage

The Idea is put away your fingers from volume key and power key as possible

That's what I'm talking about

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The main volume keys will still doing the same job but what I talk about is using this keys for long time may be case some damage

The Idea is put away your fingers from volume key and power key as possible

That's what I'm talking about

That's not a bad motivation - even though the keys on the 920 feel very very sturdy, I can't imagine them breaking. Don't forget, phones are meant to be used, I intend to use my 920 for years, but I guess I'll be sporting another device in a year or two :) They keys feel sturdy enough to bear with a user so long.

You may also get what Byobg mentions, accidental hits. I had this with my iPod video often - and then you'd blow up your ears! So besides aesthetics, there are more motivations to not have a touch volume control. Furthermore, if you're browsing or writing an e-mail, you need to do to switch back to the Xbox Music app, then the physical keys are much easier then, as you can stay in the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos