contacts edit missing from 8.1

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all im having trouble editing contacts and im properly making a rookie mistake but its got me stumped, if i open phonebook from the phone icon then i see history & speed dial,
at the bottom i have 4 icons voice mail, keypad dial, phonebook ??? and + .
now if i open phone book i only get the choice to call contact nothing else ??? how do i edit a contact ?? i used to be a able to from the phonebbok but not now.

any help would be great
cheers

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
in the call history, tap the contact card icon to the right of the name. Then tap the pen icon to edit. If you tap the phone book icon in the diaper, you can't edit contact details. If you tap the contact card that's next to the name in the call history, you can edit.

Alternatively, open the people hub, tap the contact you want to edit and tap the pen icon.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the way we used to be able to edit contacts, hope that change it back

its not all that different. Earlier, rapping the name in the call history opened the contact card and you could edit from there. Now, tapping the circle to the right of the name opens the contact card, and you can edit from here. Editing from the people hub was always an option.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
But I wanted to share a contact the other day. I then had to call the contact to see it in the history before I could share it, didn't look good to this android user :(

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Go into the people hub, and tap on the contact you want to share. When it comes up, tap the three dots at the bottom and you will have a button that says 'share contact'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion