What happens if we hard reset lumia 620 with windows phone 8.1??

harish647

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I have lumia 620. Recently i updated Windows 8.1 developer preview.Its very unique and mind blowing but I find my phone is slightly lagging. I thinking to do hard reset my phone. Will i lose my apps and games in the memory card also??? and also i want upgrade my memory card to 64GB. will it make phone slow?? and how to copy the games from old memory card to neew memory card???
Thanks in advance.

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure about copying games but did you update your phone twice? Go into settings and hit check for updates again. After updating the fix for the battery issue I have noticed a significantly smoother performance. Also did you update all your apps? It does respond a LITTLE slower, what with the tonnes of new features but I don't feel terrible lag like how I used to before the update.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A hard reset won't wipe anything, as long as you have backup enabled. Some apps may lose data/settings if they don't save to the cloud.

You won't need to install WP8.1 again after the reset, it'll still be there.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had to perform a hard reset of my 8.1 1520 a few weeks ago, it was a lot less painful than with WP8.0 (which wasn't painful at all).

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I have lumia 620. Recently i updated Windows 8.1 developer preview.Its very unique and mind blowing but I find my phone is slightly lagging. I thinking to do hard reset my phone. Will i lose my apps and games in the memory card also??? and also i want upgrade my memory card to 64GB. will it make phone slow?? and how to copy the games from old memory card to neew memory card???
Thanks in advance.
Every single app and game(even,in your SD card wil have to reinstall buy don't worry, everything I'd backed up in the cloud so your apps, games, settings and start screen will come back after you login with your Microsoft account and restore your back up but before you do, check if backups are enabled in settings > backup

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte