Random notification sound

klkokke

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Recently my Nokia 1520 started making a notification sound, trickling water/chimes, randomly and without actually indicating a notification. No idea why it's happening... Any one experiencing this or know what it is?

klkokke

May 30, 2014
Visit site
No I know that part, it's a first notification but there is no notification, just the sound. So no email, text, WhatsApp, 6tag... Etc. Just makes a sound and nothing else. That's why I am so confused.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is it perhaps an NFC connection being made? That makes a sound that sounds a bit like trickling water/chimes and won't indicate anything on the screen.

klkokke

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Is it perhaps an NFC connection being made? That makes a sound that sounds a bit like trickling water/chimes and won't indicate anything on the screen.

I think you are right.... I'll play around with it and see. Hopefully that's it, drives me crazy to not know why it's doing it. Thanks!!

judgefargo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey mine does the same, I have just arrived in Madrid to see my girlfriend and done it twice.. must be something related to being near a lot of people..
Did you find out what it was in the end?

hsimah

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
This is the sound I am hearing: www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=o6EsxMLabgs (new user here)

This has been annoying me for so long, I snapped today and found this thread. I turned off NFC in the settings and I will see if I hear it again.

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Just posting/bumping this to maybe help others, fianc? had the same issue, turns out it was the hotel key card tripping the NFC.

Huzank

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
This is the sound I am hearing: www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=o6EsxMLabgs (new user here)

This has been annoying me for so long, I snapped today and found this thread. I turned off NFC in the settings and I will see if I hear it again.
Perfect. It was my bus card in Lumia 950 wallet. Thank you so much!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo