Apps missing from app list, store says it's installed

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I cant find my app that i installed in apps list and it shows that it is installed in the marketplace. couldnt find the backup assistance thing for lumia 1020.. please need help. its annoying. Device: Nokia Lumia 1020. please

Backup assistant is only for Verizon Wireless customers.
If the app is not in the app list, nor can be opened with Cortana, you'll have to do a hard reset.
The missing app cannot be updated or uninstalled via xap managers, but if you're lucky and have an SD card that the app is installed on, then you can manually delete the app folder via file managers by manually typing the folder directory.
The missing app cannot also be updated via Store, as this will also result in an update failure, so in short:

"If you're app is installed on the SD card, then you have a solution. Otherwise, do a hard reset."

Nash G Krish

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Backup assistant is only for Verizon Wireless customers.
If the app is not in the app list, nor can be opened with Cortana, you'll have to do a hard reset.
The missing app cannot be updated or uninstalled via xap managers, but if you're lucky and have an SD card that the app is installed on, then you can manually delete the app folder via file managers by manually typing the folder directory.
The missing app cannot also be updated via Store, as this will also result in an update failure, so in short:

"If you're app is installed on the SD card, then you have a solution. Otherwise, do a hard reset."

Yeah just rrealised that backup assistance is for Verizon. And is there any other way to uninstall the app without hard resetting the phone cause its annoying for me to get all the stuff back.. Or do i need to wait for the next update for the app? Is that gonna help with the issue??

Andrei Vajea

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with Gameloft's Asphalt 8.
There is a new update but it always fails.
So no, a new update won't fix the problem. And a hard reset is too drastic for a damn app, right?
It must be another way

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with Gameloft's Asphalt 8.
There is a new update but it always fails.
So no, a new update won't fix the problem. And a hard reset is too drastic for a damn app, right?
It must be another way

On a semi-related note regarding Asphalt8; whenever there's an update for Asphalt8 on my Surface 2, I have to uninstall the whole game, and download the new version entirely... instead of just getting the update. Reason? I don't have enough space, to both have the game installed, and download the update lol
I took it off of my 1020...

chand579

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I am facing same problem with Asphalt 8. I updated that game but it is still missing. Market is showing that it is installed. :/ :(

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue immediately after i updated my L720 to cyan with the BBM beta app
I even posted it on the windowscentral forum but no help
I even posted it on answers.microsoft.com/ but they couldnt give a solution

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Do the following. it worked for me
1. go to Zippyshare.com - WP8 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.0.zip and download WP8 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.0.zip file. Its a 64 MB file
2. Unzip the files within and run it. Connect ur phone and follow the procedure to Developer unlock ur phone (This is different from the preview for developer thing)
3. download WPV XAP Deployer 2.0 from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6L...it?usp=sharing
4. Go to this link http://http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/281859-how-uninstall-installed-application-tutorial-video.html and watch the video and follow the steps mentioned

PS. type the app id incase it shows u the error and make sure ur cursor is in the extreme left on the block when u type
Incase u need any help let me know
I hav complied this from different post through the forum

Kardinaal

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
This worked for me. Thanks!

Instead of using the WP8 SDK Lite tools as linked to in the post above, I had the VS Express 2013 from Microsoft already installed.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This worked as far as uninstalling it... But it won't let me install the app through the windows phone store or through SDCard. It would say "app needs attention". I soft reset a few times and its been like that for a few days now. Tired both on 3g and different wifi. 4 different apps one being 6tag. Any ideas?

xxfuzzyxx

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Try installing on phone rather than SD card. I had to do that with a couple apps. Had my phone set to download all new apps to SD card so I changed it to phone then the app installed fine.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks... I've tried that already... Still no dice. It's strange... And when tried downloading movie creator beta... It just says "pending" and nothing happen. And when I look at the reviews for that app... It shows no review yet in the windows store on my phone.

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
yup man! i had the same exact issue with bing translator....the app was updating and something happened , i think i cancelled the installation mid-way and then the app was not available in the app list.... i visited the store to reinstall the app but it was already showing it was installed....i mean you the view and share button right?....if i pressed the view it would just take me too the start screen.....i had the live tile of bing translator pinned on the start screen earlier and if i pressed it then it would just exit in a loop after displaying the bing translator logo.....i tried the microsoft community forum and one guy said the solution isnt there but he was suspecting the way the apps were installed onto the system had some flaw.....hard reset my phone just to get the translator app....was taking a french course :p not that there are others out in the app store but this has offline packaging and camera translation which is really cool...
here are my forum links which might help you:
Installed an app, but it does not show up in the app list. No way to - Microsoft Community
Issue with Bing Translator since updating with the 8.1 developer - Microsoft Community
App not showing in phone even though it shows installed on store - Microsoft Community

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel