Apps missing from app list, store says it's installed

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with installing/updating apps in WP8.1, it only started recently.

Some (not all) apps that gets updated gets stuck on the 'installing..' part, then 5 minutes later it finishes, but it is no longer visible in the app list, but I cannot reinstall the app because it is marked "installed" in the store. So I am unable to use it because it seems to be installed but is not visible.

Some (again, not all) new apps that I download also exhibit the behavior above.

I have tried to reboot and to soft reset. Yet the apps still do not appear/still not available at the store. Is there a solution for this?

MrRager22

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I have this issue with the Verizon Backup Assistant. I can't find it in my apps list but the store says it's installed. Sucks because I got my phone yesterday and still don't have my contacts!!

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue with the Verizon Backup Assistant. I can't find it in my apps list but the store says it's installed. Sucks because I got my phone yesterday and still don't have my contacts!!

Frustrating isn't it?

Anybody else having problems like this? Solutions perhaps?

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem with Bing health and fitness. You can find those corrupted apps in store->downloads->history. They will start with "@C:\data\program files". I have tried several ways, but all were unsuccessful. My only guess is that it can be fixed by an app update. Also this appears to be a bug with the OS.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem too with Nokia Transfer my data app. Uninstalling it with power tools didn't work, and updating it with a dummy xap (xap with the same product ID) resulted with a catastrophic failure error since the installation path had messed up. So the only way I was forced to do was to do a hard reset.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Now that a file manager is released (files), try downloading the app .xap file from windowsphone.com and copy it to your phone. Then try installing it from "files". Let me know if that works.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
If you have WP8.1, I assume you have Storage Sense. You should be able to uninstall the apps through there.
The app is corrupted. I don't think it will appear in storage sense. OS won't read it as an app but as a directory. Again this is worth a try. But I highly doubt it will be there.

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
No idea about ur problem but may be if you are installing it on sd card, the app doesn't shows up. For eg. The whatsapp didn't install on sd card.. what if u tried installing it on phone.. (just a guess)

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The app is corrupted. I don't think it will appear in storage sense. OS won't read it as an app but as a directory. Again this is worth a try. But I highly doubt it will be there.

Yup, the app is not displayed in storage sense. Infact, that was the first place I looked for it. I'll try doing the .xap process and see if it works, and I'll update you guys with the results here afterwards

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
No idea about ur problem but may be if you are installing it on sd card, the app doesn't shows up. For eg. The whatsapp didn't install on sd card.. what if u tried installing it on phone.. (just a guess)

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

The problem is I cannot reinstall the app again (to try installing in phone memory) because the store marked the app as installed already, but I'll what happens with the .xap thing mentioned earlier

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem a few days back as well. The app would show as being installed in the store, but was not visible in my app list on my phone. When I looked it up on my installed apps,all I could see was "@C:\Data\Programs\{5d1bf712-a". I ended up doing a hard reset, as I couldn't find any other way to fix it.

Running 8.1 on Lumia 1520 on at&t.

Nash G Krish

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I cant find my app that i installed in apps list and it shows that it is installed in the marketplace. couldnt find the backup assistance thing for lumia 1020.. please need help. its annoying. Device: Nokia Lumia 1020. please

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)