Lumia cyan releasing on 6th june?

Chaitanya Kumar1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
hai guys.... iam living india, banglore. today I went to nokia care with my lumia 820.... there they are saying that windows phone 8.1 update will come exactly on Friday ie. 6/june/2014..... I was wondering.. and they are saying... for all phones, they will release wp 8.1 update at a time.. unlike gdr2 and gdr3..... should I believe this? is it true?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
hai guys.... iam living india, banglore. today I went to nokia care with my lumia 820.... there they are saying that windows phone 8.1 update will come exactly on Friday ie. 6/june/2014..... I was wondering.. and they are saying... for all phones, they will release wp 8.1 update at a time.. unlike gdr2 and gdr3..... should I believe this? is it true?
More like 6th of July.

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
It will depend on when your mobile phone network decides to release the update, similar to how it was with GDR2 and GDR3. However, I don't think there is an official date when 8.1 will be released. You can always use the 'preview for developers' to gain early access.

KALAPN_WP

May 9, 2014
Visit site

it would be very nice if they do that

ImMadNad

May 26, 2014
Visit site
It will depend on when your mobile phone network decides to release the update, similar to how it was with GDR2 and GDR3. However, I don't think there is an official date when 8.1 will be released. You can always use the 'preview for developers' to gain early access.

In India all phones are off contract so update will come from Nokia directly

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I'll check with Nokia Care - Mumbai tomorrow and validate the statement.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Dont hold your breath. I am pretty sure its going to be longer than that and it will be released by each carrier at a different time. I am with AT&T so we will probably be one of the last to get it. But I would rather wait and have them make sure its a good update and without problems. Especially with all that is comming with this update. The 64GB SD card in my 820 can't wait to have everthing moved to it.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I too went recently with my 820 to Nokia care in Mumbai and they were like How did I get 8.1 so soon :what:

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Dont hold your breath. I am pretty sure its going to be longer than that and it will be released by each carrier at a different time. I am with AT&T so we will probably be one of the last to get it. But I would rather wait and have them make sure its a good update and without problems. Especially with all that is comming with this update. The 64GB SD card in my 820 can't wait to have everthing moved to it.

Whatever you do, do NOT move Skype to the SD card. As slow as it is now it becomes unusable on a card.

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I would never believe what the say. They don't know anything about such things like OS updates. They can just do whatever is provided to them from Nokia now Microsoft. They wont even know that WP 8.1 dev preview is out.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
i was having live chat with nokia they gave me mix reply.
they told that 8.1 was going to get release soon but they don't know when cyan update will be available.
so does this mean non-nokia windowsphone will get WP8.1 first??

IamSammer

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
The nearest to official view on it was 24th of June... Truly official too said "this summer".
Now american summer starts on 21st of June.. So, 24th isnt that unbelievable.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You are correct. The target date for the official launch is June 24th. Cortana is included in WP 8.1 but will not be activated unless your region has been activated (server side), so will still need to do the Region/Language settings trick.

Talderon indicated (quoted above) that the official target date for release is the 24th. Cyan will hopefully be the same date.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3