AT&T and WP8.1?

NokiaBeast

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If ATT makes you wait too long, jump on the dev preview....you're going to feel like you have a brand new phone. I updated two days after it was available and I've been really enjoying the preview ever since. Are you in the US and near a Microsoft store? If so, go in and talk with some employees--all of them have updated and are more than happy to show their personal phones to the curious. They sold me on the preview.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Go ahead and do it. If you think its too buggy you can roll back to wp8. And besides the preview just received its 2nd update. Had it since the beginning and love it!

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Do the Dev preview. I've done it on my 2 year old Lumia 920 and it's given it a fresh new look. The phone runs faster than before and having the swipe notification center is helpful...

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If you wait for ATT who knows how long you will wait. We waited almost two months for Amber after its release, and that was after the MS and Nokia deadline. I updated a while ago and wont look back. its an awesome update.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
After reading the comments here, I'm ready to put the 8.1 preview on my 8x. Can someone point me in the direction of a topic that gives step by step directions? I assume once I do that I will lose all my installed apps and will have to set up my phone all over again?

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Funny, but ATT was actually one of the first companies to issue the Black Update for the Lumia 1020 - they did it earlier than anyone else, but I guess nothing will detract the haters..

JRLSail

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Running 8.1 Second Update on a Samsung Neo as my primary device. All is working well and some of the updates in 8.1 such as multi-volume controls are 8.0 deal killers. The only problem i've seen has been battery related, but the last update has significantly improved. I notice that the Phone App is driving the Battery Usage which is unusual compared to what i saw in 8.0.

No need to wait, switch using a dev account. IMHO

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I went and did it 3 weeks ago-ain't looking back!
I'm stunned. WP pretty much now has to be on par with IOS and Android now with all the new features. No excuses for anyone not to consider WP anymore.
Notification center (love it!), file manager, Word Flow, VPN, download complete emails (finally), options to store whatever on phone or SDcard, separate volume controls, I could on and on..
Have a few minor issues. Wi-Fi sometimes doesn't connect, sometimes lock screen is dark, and GPS get confused a little bit more.
Don't like having games in the app list. Hope MS can make it option to remove games.
Advice for anyone sitting on the fence-do it!

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
You will not see Windows Phone 8.1 with the Cyan Upgrade probably around 2015 under AT&T. I am rolling on the 8.1 preview and I just love it. Not going back to 8.0

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
You will not see Windows Phone 8.1 with the Cyan Upgrade probably around 2015 under AT&T. I am rolling on the 8.1 preview and I just love it. Not going back to 8.0

A tad Xtreme, but not too far from the truth. Hopefully, my Lumia 1520 will be released (by AT&T) first, since it's the latest device.
I expect it around August 1st (provided it's released on the 24th as reported).

Glad I unlocked my phone, I may poach the appropriate update once it's available (NSU - if US version becomes available ?).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss