Facebook Action Center Spam

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that Facebook seems to be abusing the action center in WP 8.1 in the same way apps do on Android.

For example, I find myself with a nearly daily Facebook notification even when I have no meaningful updates. Things like recommending friends or telling me acquaintances posted things even though I'm not tagged or mentioned.

There's no obvious way to turn off these that I can find. Hope this isn't an example of the Android like abuse to come with this feature.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Best way to handle what exactly you want to be notified about and what not is through the Facebook website. Go to settings -> notifications, from there you can modify your settings. If that's not helping, I recommend to revoke permissions for all your apps. Then launch every app on your phone you use and grant access again. This way you can be sure that it's not some app you've been using ages ago and that's now running rampant.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Go to your Facebook app and follow these instructions: Settings>>Notifications>>uncheck any of these that you do not want to show up in your notifications. This will allow you to only receive the notifications you want.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to check again, but I don't think there is one that specifically says Friend Recommendations, or whatever.

Edit: No, just friend confirmation, which is actually useful. If they are tied together, that is annoying.

I'll try the website, later. But I don't know how the website could effect the App.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Go to your Facebook app and follow these instructions: Settings>>Notifications>>uncheck any of these that you do not want to show up in your notifications. This will allow you to only receive the notifications you want.
I get notifications for far more things than what's listed here. This list happens to include all the useful ones, but conveniently the non-useful ones aren't able to be disabled.

I wonder if heavy FB users don't get these because they have lots more pertinent notifications. I rarely use FB so these are particularly glaring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos