Can you hear me now? Lumia 1520 In Call issue

Burger Nog

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Good day to you my fine fellow WP comrades. I've recently run into an issue on my 1520 (8.1 latest update). Suddenly, no one can hear me when I speak regularly in a call. However, when on speaker phone, they can hear me just fine. I've tested the microphone normally by doing a test voice memo, and it plays back fine. Also, Cortana hears me and responds as well.

The microphone isn't blocked, the voice meme test worked fine, and speakerphone works no problem. Any ideas on what this issue is or why it came about? I even did a soft AND hard reset...no luck.

Thanks in advance. Kisses hugs and belly rubs.

TL;DR: Lumia 1520 WP 8.1 No one can hear me in call unless I use speakerphone.

PimblyCharles

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I had this same issue with my first Lumia 822 (WP8, not 8.1), and it needed to be replaced. Since then with my second Lumia 822 (WP8 and WP8.1) the issue has not occurred. I have no idea what caused it, but know it was a defect that couldn't be fixed via software or resets.

Burger Nog

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Great. I figured as much. There must be a 90 day warranty correct? I only go the phone in April... I appreciate your response, you've already steered me in the right direction!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb