If you have a battery Drain problem after upgrade:

N1520

May 29, 2014
Visit site
-Turn off background Tasks you don't need ( be reminded Notifications won't work if you do so )
-Delete Skype. ( Don't disable it, f**** delete it )
-make sure your brightness on AUTO, or even better at low
-Location services OFF
-Email account syncing to manual or hourly for accounts that don't require immediate attention. Same goes for calendars.
-Go to your MS account, make sure no services have access to your account, such as twitter or Google.
-Battery saver.

That should do it

I have 2 windows phones: 8X and 1520 .. Disconnected from charger at 7 AM, and at 6 PM : 8X at 54%, 1520 at 75% .. Moderate use.

Shubham Kumar1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
L720..It has been about 7 months since i gt a new phone.. yes of a windows platform.. it was working fine.. pretty good.. the features are awesome.. no lag.. no hang ever.. but from last few days i am facing many problems.. which has irritated me.. And sometimes i feel like seriously lumia ! why !
so m gonna jot down my problems.. and helps and suggestions are most welcome..
1) battery draining too fast: Yes i have windows 8.1 developer preview.. background tasks: whatsapp, bing news, bing sports and amazing weather HD.. It hardly lasts.. 8 hrs.. brightness low.. email sync every 2 hrs..theme dark..
2) cant find updates from store: noticed this weird activity of my fone recently.. i cant find the apps which can be updated or which updates has arrived.. it isnt shown.. i dont know whats the problem.. i have more than 1 GB free space in both phone memory and memory card.. and yes i have a class 10 , 16GB memory card..ny solutions?
3)some apps are not opening like ucweb, surfy, hill climb racing.. it displays 'resuming' and then its back to the main menu..
4)sometimes the backlight seems to be on.. whenever i press the power button.. dont know why.. my screenout time is 1 min.. but it lasts more than that like i checked till 10 -11 mins it was on..
n yes you may be thinking i should do a hard reset.. yes i have tried that mate.. 2 times.. with no backup.. reinstalled the apps.. and everything.. i dont knw what to do now..
5) notifications: why the hell i am getting two notifications for a single message from facebook messenger.. when someone texts me.. same message is displayed 2 times..in the notification bar..
Sometimes i think of moving to android..
looking for some help in here.. thank you !

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
L720..It has been about 7 months since i gt a new phone.. yes of a windows platform.. it was working fine.. pretty good.. the features are awesome.. no lag.. no hang ever.. but from last few days i am facing many problems.. which has irritated me.. And sometimes i feel like seriously lumia ! why !
so m gonna jot down my problems.. and helps and suggestions are most welcome..
1) battery draining too fast: Yes i have windows 8.1 developer preview.. background tasks: whatsapp, bing news, bing sports and amazing weather HD.. It hardly lasts.. 8 hrs.. brightness low.. email sync every 2 hrs..theme dark..
2) cant find updates from store: noticed this weird activity of my fone recently.. i cant find the apps which can be updated or which updates has arrived.. it isnt shown.. i dont know whats the problem.. i have more than 1 GB free space in both phone memory and memory card.. and yes i have a class 10 , 16GB memory card..ny solutions?
3)some apps are not opening like ucweb, surfy, hill climb racing.. it displays 'resuming' and then its back to the main menu..
4)sometimes the backlight seems to be on.. whenever i press the power button.. dont know why.. my screenout time is 1 min.. but it lasts more than that like i checked till 10 -11 mins it was on..
n yes you may be thinking i should do a hard reset.. yes i have tried that mate.. 2 times.. with no backup.. reinstalled the apps.. and everything.. i dont knw what to do now..
5) notifications: why the hell i am getting two notifications for a single message from facebook messenger.. when someone texts me.. same message is displayed 2 times..in the notification bar..
Sometimes i think of moving to android..
looking for some help in here.. thank you !
1) Go to your programs and then Battery Saver and under Usage check to see if any app is using a significant amount of battery.
2) For app updates, go to Store, click on ... and Settings. If you are not using WiFi, make sure "Only get updates over Wi-Fi" is turned off, and then click Check for Updates. Then go back to the Store and click ... again and look under Downloads to see if it is updating any. Here you can click History and it should show which apps are updated.
3) I would suggest trying to uninstall and reinstall these apps. Some apps might not work properly with 8.1 until they are updated.
4) This is likely a firmware issue. You may need to wait until there is official Lumia Cyan update available.
5) Do you have the regular Facebook app installed too? Is 1 of the notifications from it and 1 from messenger? You can disable the one from the Facebook app by going into it, under Settings and Notifications, try turning off Messages. If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling both apps and then reconfigure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck