A new update 8.10.1293.890

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
For those stating there is a big change in battery life, it might be helpful if you were to post which phone you have. Just sayin...

I generally ignore those posts- perceived improvements in battery life are very unreliable observations. "battery life is better!" Is basically a useless statement. Show me the before and after graphs from the battery app.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Nokia 520 seems fine after update...snappier. Did not fix my Office Remote issue...still cannot connect via BT to my Vaio to control Office apps.
I have BT 4.0 dongle thats fine with all else. Have a tech support ticket in but have not heard back.

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Everythings works fine. no bugs detected so far.

Animation became smoother, and the battery life! Superb!
I am now seeing huge difference during 2G idle mode.
before.. %100 it usually says 14 hours reamaining.. it does now show 23 hours remaining.

I am using lumia 920.. :)
3G mode still sucks, super Hot back .. I could cook an egg :p

Aayam Gupta

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
One thing that I have noticed after this update that the word flow keyboard has begun to recognize even Hindi words during swyping which was not the case earlier. Some examples I saw included typical words like mere, ye , umeed, and even the suggestions are much better now for Hindi.

Try the "hinglish" keyboard and type "teri" and see the suggestions...its hilarious! xD

omarahum

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
8ysutu7a.png
Guys can anyone tell me . How to make quite hours works ?

Sent from my Lumia 1320 using Tapatalk
You need to turn on Cortana. Which only works if your language is set to English (United States).
It's already on , but still get that message !!
any help
Make sure you have Cortana be allowed to run in background with battery saver and make sure your location service is turned on....

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I generally ignore those posts- perceived improvements in battery life are very unreliable observations. "battery life is better!" Is basically a useless statement. Show me the before and after graphs from the battery app.

I agree it isn't scientific, but it's a general barometer.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
This may sound weird but even some of my friends having lumia 820 are reporting improvement in battery life..

I myself have been listing to music.. Using apps..games and there is marginal decrement in battery life per hour..

Good news for l820 users

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
"You need to turn on Cortana. Which only works if your language is set to English (United States)."

This statement is untrue, i have English (United States) setup on my phone, and in Canada i still cannot get Cortana.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
"You need to turn on Cortana. Which only works if your language is set to English (United States)."

This statement is untrue, i have English (United States) setup on my phone, and in Canada i still cannot get Cortana.

Because you need to have your region set to US as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte